But, she was happy, I think. She had the same fear as everyone else but she was smiling. It may have had something to do with the threats of being caught leaving, which I may have been protecting her.

I knew she didn't need it, but I needed to feel like I was doing something. If she was safe, I was, that's how it worked, we protected each other.

That night I went to her room again, and I didn't snoop at anything, I just sat outside her door until she came back from her meeting. I got weird looks but who cares? They all hate me anyway.

Thirty minutes and a hundred glares later and she showed up, clearly surprised by seeing me. She looked stressed, but she didn't say anything, she just let me in before laying down on her bed.

She stared at the top of her bed for a little before looking over at me and smiled at me lovingly "Are you coming or what"

I laughed and laid next to her, she laid her head on my chest. I traced the mark softly on her arm, she just sighed against my chest. She could say anything but didn't need to, nothing she could tell me I wouldn't already know from just being around her.

We stayed like that for a while, and just when I was about to leave and let her sleep she held me tighter "Please don't leave.." and so I didn't.

I held her tighter, at least we had this. Eachother, everything would be different because we were different. Our world was changing but we'd been through change and made it out every time.

But as I lie with her, tracing the mark, I wondered how different everything could've been if I would've just done what I was told.

/////

"Make the choice Draco, her fate is up to you." My father said, sitting across the table from me, I looked up at him, trying to hide the hurt in my eyes.

"Isn't there any other option..." I asked, almost pleading for a way to let her out of this

"No, it's been almost two months, I'm done waiting. She's becoming one of us, you should've decided quicker" He said, attempting to end the conversation.

I stood up quickly, knocking the chair behind me down "How could I ever choose between bringing her friends to you to torture and her getting this awful mark on her" I spat.

"It seems pretty simple, but you can't seem to ever make the correct decisions now can you Draco? I don't want to hear anything else, up to your room. I have letters to send out" He said, dismissing me

"But-"

"Now Draco."

I glared at him before storming to my room, I looked at my desk and saw another note from her. I hadn't answered her since I left...I could tell she was upset. I looked over to the opened letters in the trash next to my desk with her handwriting in them. I opened her letter and read it quickly before quickly writing back to her.

I wish she would've listened to what I wrote.

///////

I woke up and looked over at her, she was still next to me but turned the other way. I looked over at the time, it was only five. I sighed and tried to go back to sleep, but couldn't until she turned over and put her head in my chest.

"It's too early to be up, go back to sleep you dumb morning person" She mumbled against my chest before falling back asleep.

I smiled and held her closer, trying to savor every moment. Every dumb joke, every smile, everything, because it could be the last one for all I know.

I finally fell asleep to her soft breathing on my chest but sleeping only last so long and before I knew it she was up.

She threw a pillow at me, I groaned and mumbled curses at her before getting up. She threw school clothes at me, we had put some supplies in each other rooms, for mornings like these.

We got ready and I stared at her in the mirror, she looked at herself, her face unreadable. I came behind her and wrapped my arms around her waist "How did I get so lucky" I smiled

"I should be asking myself the same thing," She said and leaned her head back to kiss me, and smiled against my lips.

"I love you" She whispered

"I love you too darling, but we need to go to breakfast," I said and tapped her lightly to signal to leave, and she groaned before we headed to the great hall.

And we took our separate paths, I had my friends and she had hers. That was something we chose, meals belonged to friends so that fights didn't happen.

I sat down and held back a smile as Blaise talked to me, Y/N turned to me, and I looked back at her.

She turned around quickly as Luna waved her hands around weirdly, clearly telling some story, I laughed quietly, seeing how happy they were, and that was all I needed.

I knew I made the right choice.