Yet, I still found myself padding into the foyer, only stopping to find his large figure hunched over with his hand placed on the wall for support.

I wearily take a step closer. "Is everything alright?"

I knew he was hurt but I didn't want to do anything seeing as the last time I tried to help, things didn't go so well.

Nico slowly lifts his head and I make out his tight jaw as he shifts. He's got a large muscular hand planted on the wall while his other clutches onto his side, over his tight black T-Shirt.

"You're med kit." He croaks gruffly. "Go fucking grab it."

I flinch at the harshness in his tone before spinning on my heels, prepared to scurry off and get it, but pause.

Why was I so quick to listen to him when he was nothing but rude?

Because you're a pushover.

Crossing my arms, I spin back around, lean my hip against the entryway table and eye the blood dripping down the side of his mouth.

He's injured, weak and obviously needs my help.

Of course I was going to give it to him, just not before I used the opportunity to demand some respect.

"No."

I watch his body tense before he slowly turns his head, his grey eyes brewing up a storm as they meet mine and I fight the urge to squirm.

Even injured and weak he remained dangerously calm and in control.

He wasn't the type of man people said no to.

"Not until you ask nicely." I declare.

I'll admit, it wasn't the best approach. In fact, I only thought of it because it worked on the first graders I use to babysit. But it wouldn't hurt to try, right?

The murderous glare Nico sends my way has me doubting myself and when he grits his teeth and pushes off the wall, I force a look of indifference.

"Fuck you." He spits angrily before spitting at my feet.

I pause, too stunned to react before I slowly look down to my foot, spotting the patch of blood on my big toe and that's when I lose it.

He pushes off the wall, stumbling forward but before he can take another step, I stick my foot out, watching as he trips over it and crashes down onto the ground.

He lands on the cool marble floor with a thud, a hiss of pain following close behind, but I'm too angry to care.

He deserved it.

"Was that necessary." He grunts as he rolls onto his back and shuts his eyes. He tips his head back against the marble floor and the action accentuates the muscles on his neck.

I lift my foot until it's dangling in his face, pointing my big toe at him, "Was this necessary?" I snap, glaring down at him.

Never had I ever felt so disrespected.

He meets my stare with a lazy one of his own, until he finally speaks. "Huh." And then his tongue pokes his cheek, his hand still holding his lower hip. "Didn't take you for a red girl."

I blink, then blink again not knowing what to make of his response before I follow the path of his eyes as they move down and then up, only he's not looking up at me, he's looking up my sleeping shorts.

I gasp and stand straight, snapping my legs shut and pulling down my T-shirt as he chuckles. 

"That was highly inappropriate of you." I snap.