11

The outside world was nothing but a black abyss. With the sun completely down and it being the middle of the night, ordinary people wouldn't be stupid enough to walk through the streets alone, knowing all the dangers that creep around in the dark.

But two particular people were. Well, you couldn't call them stupid. They were part of the 'dangers that creep around' at night. So they could defend themselves even if the worse came true.

Loud crunch noises made it obviously clear that someone was walking by - the sound of crunching leaves was the big give away.

She looked both ways, squinting her eyes to see if anyone was nearby and could see her. Once assured that it was not the case, she took one final step to reveal herself to an impatient waiting man.

"Finally!" He whisper shouted, anger and frustration clearly evident in his voice. "The police are after me for gods sake, can't you keep that in mind?!"

She sighed, tapping her foot annoyingly on the stone cold concrete. "I got lost. It's dark here you know."

"Please" he scoffed, rolling his eyes. "You're part of the mafia, I'm pretty sure you know these outskirts inside out. How can you get lost?"

"Are you just going to keep on complaining?" She hissed, a clear sense of annoyance engraved into her tone of voice.

"Fine" he sighed in defeat. "Why did you call me out here?"

"About that" she smirked evilly, rubbing her palms together with a sinister smile plastered on her lips. "We both have similar goals right? We both have an interest in Minho- no. Lino."

That caught his attention. The corner of his lips outstretched into an evil smile. "Carry on."

"How about we team up? It's a win-win."

"Sounds great" he agreed to it with no hesitation at all. "But where do we start? What's the plan?"

"Let's mess with them first. And get to know who Minho and Lino are closest to."

"Why does that matter?" He asked, referring to the last part of what she said.

"It'll come in handy for later."

He swung an arm over her shoulder with a sickening laugh. "This is why I like you, Lee Jae Rin."

She pushed him off in an instant, looking at him in disgust.

"I still hate you, just to let you know. I'm only doing this because of Minho."

"Yeah, yeah. I'm gonna get going before I get caught, I don't know about you. Bye." He walked past her, another smile creeping onto his lips.

"And oh, Peniel."

He stopped walking, turning back around to see her almost visible silhouette in the dark.

"Once we're done with this, we go our own ways."

"Deal."

"Deal."

➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶➴➵➶

Lino woke up with sweat covering his entire body, and an extremely irregular breath rate.

Another bad dream.

He was used to it by now. As soon as he woke up, he quickly calmed down again. But the weird thing is, it affects him during the dream. He thought he's become numb of it by now, but his body still seems to react negatively to it.

He felt a weight shift off from his shoulder. Looking to his side, he realised it was a sleeping Hyunjin, who probably moved away from how sweaty Lino had become in a short amount of time.