"He's here of his own accord", Draco replied coolly.

"Even better. I stayed neutral during the war but because my tie is green everyone hates me. My father was a death eater so I understand it I guess, but I've seen so many terrified first years worried about being judged for what traits they value. There's nothing wrong with being cunning and ambitious."

"Not at all", Harry agreed.

"Did you sit by yourself Theo?", Blaise asked, slinging an arm around his shoulders.

"Nah, I sat with some of the younger Slytherins. We've got to stick together now more than ever."

"Agreed."

"So Potter", Nott continued conversationally, "are the rumours true? Do you really not talk much? I'm not asking to be rude, I just want to know for future reference."

"They're true", Harry confirmed, shrugging his shoulders lightly.

As soon as they stepped out of the train, they realized that they should've waited a few more minutes. There were still plenty of students milling about, and all conversation ceased as Harry Potter himself led the group of four Slytherins to a carriage, head held high.

There were a few yelled hellos sent his way from past DA members, and he smiled softly and waved. First years stared in awe, and Harry felt his skin prickle under all of the attention. He waved shyly at a few of them, petting a thestral on the way as whispers ensued.

"Alright, enough of that! Leave 'arry alone."

"Hagrid!", Harry greeted with a grin, being swept into a tight hug by the groundskeeper.

"I can spare a minute to escort you to a carriage. Are they with you?", Hagrid asked, gesturing to the Slytherins trailing behind Harry.

"Yes, they are", Harry said, loudly enough to send everyone around him gossiping even louder about what exactly Harry Potter had gotten up to on the train ride to Hogwarts.

Many students didn't even know he was on the train, let alone returning to Hogwarts to continue his education. Hagrid continued to shoo everyone away, although not even his looming presence could prevent the spread of gossip that would reach Hogwarts before Harry himself had set foot on the grounds once again.

"It's nice to see you making new friends 'arry. A good show of house unity especially, I know Headmistress McGonagall will be pleased. Now, I expect no more trouble from you lot in my class eh?"

"Of course not", Pansy replied quickly.

"Wonderful, off you go then!", Hagrid replied cheerily, opening the door for them all.

Harry was going in last, making sure that the Slytherins in front of him were safe from hexes. He didn't think anyone would dare attack their fellow classmates, but he had learned to err on the side of caution. Better safe than sorry. Harry knew better than anyone else that rising emotions could lead to strong accidental bursts of magic.

Hagrid stopped both Harry and Draco before they had entered the carriage.

"Malfoy, I received your letter. Let's just have a quiet year eh?"

"Draco please, if you don't mind. I don't wish to be associated with my father anymore than I have to be. A quiet year does sound rather pleasant."

"Alright there Draco. Best be off then. Take care of yourselves, the lot of you."

Bidding Hagrid farewell, Draco and Harry collapsed together into the carriage.

"Hopefully it's just staring that we'll have to put up with", Blaise said cheerily, "we're all used to that due to our devilish good looks."