"I knew about you," Naleli shrugged, "Didn't really care to know you though,"

"Where has she been this entire time?" Naala asked no one in particular.

"Here in New York with your grandfather," Miani replied twiddling with her fingers.

"So right under my nose?" Naala nodded, she was starting to think this was another one of her dreams.

Stella, Eli's first wife cleared her throat. "I know this isn't easy to hear darling but this family needs you," Stella was always the smartest of the Simmons. She knew how much they needed Naala to get onboard and trying to explain everything to her right now wouldn't help.

"I don't know anything about these kind of things," Naala said stressed,

"You'll learn," Stella reassured her. She once was like that.

"Grandma please," Naleli laughed. "She wouldn't survive, let's be real,"

"Who said I wouldn't be able to survive?" Naala argued.

"Because just like the little princess you are, they kept you locked up in a tower," Naleli said jealously. She held a lot of malice towards Naala due to their different ways of growing up.

Naleli was stuck with her grandparents whilst Naala got to live a normal life. Naleli didn't go to a normal school, she was homeschooled. Instead of proms and dances, she went to shooting ranges and learned how to break up bricks of cocaine.

"You think I had a good life?" Naala asked her. Their eyes connecting for the first time since she'd walked in. The resemblance was truly groundbreaking, you would not be able to tell them apart.

"Here we go," Naleli chuckled leaning back. "You grew up with daddy and I grew up with no one. You can't top that,"

"Stop." Eli said firmly. "You two are the future of this lineage, you cannot be at odds." He lectured them.

"I don't want any part of this," Naala spoke sitting up. "Like I said I have a family," She repeated.

"We heard you the first time," Naleli groaned. "No one cares about your little brats,"

"Naleli I will not warn you again." Eli said sternly. Miani sat back silently, watching they go back and forth. These were moments she yearned for when they were younger but not like this.

"Young man I think it's best you take your wife home. Come by my house, tomorrow night - we will sort this," Eli said to Dave.

"I'm not doing that," Both Naleli and Naala spoke at the same time. They scowled at each other before Naala spoke again.

"I am not going to attend because I want nothing to do with this," Naala reiterated.

"Then it goes to your first child," Eli shrugged. He didn't want to have to do this but Naala pushed his hand.

"What do you mean?" Dave spoke up for the first time in a while. "That has nothing to do with our daughter,"

"Well if you decide to step down, it will follow the line of succession. It's either Naala and Naleli find a common ground and lead our cartel to greater heights or the child will be next," Eli said before holding his hand out for his wives.

Miani made eye contact with her mother who happened to be Gabriella, Eli's second wife. Gabriella gave her a sympathetic look but didn't speak. That's how it usually was. Stella was more vocal because that's how she was. Gabriella followed orders and never spoke out of turn.

Gabriella was not much of a mother, she was more a puppy that followed behind her husband headlessly. Miani and her didn't have the best relationship, mainly because Miani was strong and refused to be held down by a man.