"I see that" he said while laughing, before putting the milk I had just choose back on the rack. I automatically stopped walking and crossed my arms. 

"What the fuck ?" I exclaimed.

"Out of date milk." He only said.

"Oh shit, yeah."

He laughed and put an other one in the cart. We spent a lot of time there, before stopping at my caravan to drop everything there. I packed some things to make sandwiches in a bag, before putting it on my shoulder and leaving the place. Zayn was following right behind me. We were still talking, and it was nice. Just as much as it was weird.

Zayn stopped walking when he saw the docks right in front of us. Like... He fucking stopped in the middle of the way and looked scared as hell.

"Come on, let's go !" I said, happily.

"Sorry but I... I can't." He looked so young when he told me that. Young, and really shy.

"Why's that ?"

"I'm... afraid of water." What I did after that wasn't pretty nice, but I couldn't help it. I laughed. And I grabbed his arm, dragging him nearer to the docks. 

"Come on, you'll see. There's nothing to be afraid of." I let go of his arm at that moment. I threw the bag into the nearest canoe, before jumping into it. "You're coming of what ?" I asked and he took a deep breath. Slowly, one foot at the time, he joined me. I smiled, because I knew he would do it. He sat in the middle row, holding thightly his seat. Once again, I smiled before unwrapping the strings tiying us to the dock. It didn't took me so long, I was used to do that. I spent many days in the last few summers in the damn canoe, with Marcus by my side. We were doing that when we were becoming so damn fucking tired of the "Jenna-Andy" love show. But being here with Zayn wasn't the same. I wasn't trying to escape anything. I was doing ti just because I wanted to. 

Time flew by us without me seeing it. We were talking and paddling and, before I knew it, the waterfall was right in front of us. We changed our way a bit and landed on the small beach, pulling the canoe on the sand. That place, it was my spot. I never went up there with Marcus. It was a small bay, lost in the middle of nowhere, far from the camping. A small beach surrounded by trees, everywhere. And the waterfall is just... It's just fucking awesome. I don't know why I took Zayn there. It just felt great to do it.

We made some sandwiches before sitting on the sand to eat them. Silence was filling the air, only broke by the soft sound of the waves. After I finished eating, I put my sunglasses on my nose and laid on the sand. The no-sleep night was making its way up and, in a matter of minutes, I was fast asleep.

...

When I woke up, the sun was starting to get down. Holy shit, I had probably slept for a few hours. I turned my head around to see that Zayn wasn't by my side anymore. I sat up and finally saw him, a bit further away. I got up and made a few steps before approaching him.

"Sandwich ?" I asked as he turned around, smiling.

"Yeah. You're hungry ?"

"Always." I said and sat right in front of him. He handed me a sandwich and we ate without a single word being exchanged. There was no need to, and it felt great to just be there with him. Don't fucking ask me why, I'm probably just feeling a bit sick. Anyway.

"Wanna try something ?" I asked when we were both done eating.

"Maybe... ?" He didn't seemed so hot about it and it made me smile even more. 

"Stay here." I said before getting up and walking into the forest. I stopped after a few steps, right in front of a bush. I got something out of it, it was my hiding place for beers. Zayn's face changed when he saw that. I walked by him and sat by his side.

"You said it wasn't your thing." He said while my smile was just becoming bigger.

"I know. And i know it's not your thing either."

"So... ?" He had no fucking clue on what I was trying to do. And, to be clear, I wans't sure I had one either.

"So let's do something that's not our thing together ?" As the words were leaving my mouth, he started to laugh. I think it was the first time I was hearing him doing so. And, to be honest, I liked the sound of it. Probably because it meant I was winning. But... I don't know.

Without a word, he grabbed a bottle and opened it. I smiled before doing the same. I was staring at him, waiting for the first gulp. After he did, it was my time. And then... We laughed. And I felt something I hadn't felt in a long time. Happiness.

...

It was all dark and we were both out of our mind. I had my joint on my lips, that thing was one of those I was liking the most in the world. Yeah, it costed me rehab, but I wasn't giving a damn. My reality was so hurtful that I needed that to nub the pain.

Zayn's fourth beer was laying next to us, that wasn't good with alcohol at all. My head was just starting to get messed up. I got up from the sand, dropped my joint on the floor, crushed it under my heel. I went to grab an other beer and sat back next to Zayn. He clearly was drunk, because he had nothing to do with the shy guy I had been hanging out with all day. He didn't even looked like second-thinking before puttin his arm around my shoulder. God, I was having him. He grabbed the bottle from my hand, drinking half of it in one sip. I laughed and finished it the same way. Too fast, but I don't fucking care. I turned my headto look at him, he did the same. Without even being able to predict it, his lips crashed onto mine.

-----

Hey guys ! Yes, it's finally here ! I'm sorry for being late, but I was in vacation, I have to work on the yearbook and I'm starting to have a real social life ! (Partying is exhausting.) Anyway, I will try to update next week-end too, but I can't promise anything before the yearbook deadline (it's April 1st, so not in so long ! ;oo)

Anyway, thanks guys for following the story anyway, I love you cheetos xx