Act 1: Where Will This Road Lead, Happiness or an Abyss?

Elijah Mikaelson was always a dedicated son and amazing big brother.

Caring and attentive, he was his parents go-to child when they needed to leave the kids alone for a short period of time. Elijah, Freya and Finn quickly organized so they could be even more efficient when taking care of their younger siblings.

Elijah was a caregiver. He would pour all his love and energy into entering and helping his siblings. It was one of his sweetest qualities.

But he was also ruthless and stubborn. He would end the day exhausted and, sometimes even hurt. Elijah knew how to take care of everyone. Except himself.

His father, Mikael, always tried to mend this fatal flaw in his son. He told Elijah, time and time again, to take care of himself first, and then worry about his siblings...

Being the good son he was, Elijah would always do what his father told him...

But not for long.

Mikael, when he talked to Elijah about self care, was pulling a classic "Do what I say, don't do what I do."

Trouble is: children's learn from example.

Growing up, Elijah saw his father come home night after night, beaten, tired and bleeding...all so Mikael could feed his children and buy them birthday gifts. Mikael would let others hit and abuse him, if it meant he could buy Elijah a new violin.... But Mikael would deny his pain, saying it was nothing—even when he could barely move without grunt in pain—whenever anyone asked. Especially his children. To them, he would always smile, trying not to yell when they disobeyed him, and hugging them, saying all would be well some day... he would whisper it, as a prayer, as though he was trying to believe it himself.

So what else could Elijah learn from watching Mikael, than to put his family first and never worry about his pain and his own needs?

And where will this way of thinking lead Elijah Mikaelson?
To happiness and bliss?
Or a lonely abyss?

A/N: I will post the casts for this story soon. I'm trying to work more on this series as a whole. I'll update the Notes soon. There's some important new information I need to put there.

Also THIS STORY HAS A VERY SWEET AND HAPPY COVER!!! But it will NOT BE SWEET AND HAPPY!!! It'll be dark for a while, especially Act 1 and Ac 2. But it will get better and sweeter as it goes on.

ELIJAH WILL HAVE A HAPPY ENDING!!!

Also I think this story will be a Poly between

Gia/Elijah/Jackson/Hayley
And like a proper poly. So they all date each other.

What do you guys think about that?