Ch. 10 The Overlooked

Start from the beginning

It suddenly burst open and Peter Hale slid down the hallway. He groaned as he looked up at the group. "We got a problem. Big problem," he said, looking down the hall. All of them followed his gaze, finding the twins. They had merged together, and now growled at the group.

Derek was the first to let himself transform and run down the hall to attack. But of course, he wasn't much against a gigantic alpha. Both Scott and Ayla charged down the hall to help him.

The twins threw Derek into a wall, before their attention shifted to Scott, given that he was the closest. He used the wall, to jump at them with claws out. They just dodged, but it had distracted them for a short moment. Ayla landed a kick to their stomach, not that it did much. The twins quickly threw her down the hall, before grabbing Scott by the throat. "Ethan, Aidan, stop. You don't know what you're doing," Scott told them.

"All we want is her," the alphas informed him. Ayla looked down the hall, just in time to see that Jennifer was already getting away in the elevator.

|

They managed to get away from the twins and lock themselves in a different hospital room. Peter carried Cora inside and laid her down, while Derek made sure everyone was inside and shut the doors.

"Where's the big guy?" Stiles wondered.

"He's close," Derek told him.

"What about Ms. Blake?" Stiles asked, turning to his two friends. Both just frowned and shook their heads. "What do you mean? What does that mean? Like she's gone? Scott, are you kidding me?" he questioned, his voice rising.

"Shh, be quiet," Derek hissed at him.

"Me be quiet? Me, huh? Are you telling me what to do now? When your psychotic, mass-murdering girlfriend- the second one you've dated, by the way- has got my dad somewhere, tied up, waiting to be ritually sacrificed?" Stiles wondered.

"Stiles. They're still out there," Scott reminded him.

"And- and they want her, right? Which means now we don't have her either, so my dad and Cora are both dead!" Stiles snapped.

"Not yet," Scott said. Stiles finally fell quiet. With him calmed down a bit, Scott moved over to Peter and Cora. "Is she really dying?"

"She's definitely not getting any better," Peter told him.

"There has to be something that we can do. We have to help her," Scott said.

Ayla moved towards them, but then the doors opened. Everyone turned to see Jennifer enter the room. "You can't. Only I can. I can save her, and I can tell you where Sheriff Stilinski is. But there is a pack of alphas in this hospital who want me dead. So I'll help you, but only when I'm out of here and safe. Only then," she told them.

She seemed to have forgotten that every alpha in the hospital wanted her dead. Hospital supplies scattered onto the floor as Derek shoved a table to the side. He moved towards Jennifer, but both Scott and Ayla grabbed him.

"Wait," they told him.

"She was trying to get out!" Derek said, pointing an accusing finger at the woman.

"I was trying to keep from getting killed. You can't blame me for that," she snapped.

"If you want to show you're one of the good guys, then heal her," Stiles told her.