Chapter Nine

****TRIGGER WARNING**** Attempted sexual assault will be separated from rest of story with ***

Carter and I had been growing closer over the last couple of weeks, and soon Halloween was upon us. The whole castle was decorated in pumpkins and skeletons and bats. I loved Halloween.

The day before Halloween was Friday, and once our classes were out, Logan, Cassie, Carter and a few friends of his and I went out to the courtyard and and started cracking jokes and having good time.

I wasn't a fan of Carter's friends, they were almost an exact description of what Logan had said Carter was. I stayed away from them as much as I could, and thankfully they seemed to leave me alone.

Carter had tried only once to put his arm around me, but I had told him I wasn't interested in him in that way. He had taken his arm away and nodded, apologizing, and we had never talked about it again.

The next night, I was walking around the castle with my friends, and I stopped to go to the bathroom. I told them I would catch up with them. I walked out of the bathroom and saw that Carter had waited for me.

"Oh, hey! I told you would catch up to you guys."

"I thought I'd stay and keep you company when you walk back."

I smiled at him. "That's very nice of you, thank you." We continued down a hallway, students walking past.

"Hey, I know a shortcut to the Great Hall, wanna check it out?" Carter asked.

"Oh, sure! I always love exploring places."

I followed him down the hallway, and we turned down a small hallway that I had not seen before. "Huh, I didn't know this was here, I've never seen it before."

"That's why it's a secret, and you have the privilege to be one of the few to know about it." He grinned at me, and I grinned back. "I'm special." I laughed.

"Yes, you're very special." I didn't think anything of his comment, I had figured out that he was a flirt, but he had never said anything to me that I would deem uncomfortable.

As we kept walking down the hallway, I realized that there weren't any torches lit, and I didn't hear any noise. Usually, you could hear noises from the Great Hall clearly from a ways away.

"Are we getting close?" I asked, feeling myself starting to tense.

"Just a little bit to go, I promise." His tone was just like it had always been, carefree. I willed my stomach to stop twisting, but my stomach had never steered me wrong. Something was up.

"Here, let's go back. Everyone is probably wondering where we went off to." I started to turn around, searching my pockets for my wand, and started to panic when it wasn't there.

I left it in the damn bathroom.

*****

I needed to stay calm. I needed to keep my senses about me. "Can you cast lumos? I can't seem to-"

All of a sudden, I was pushed into a dark room. I fell on the floor, thankfully I had been able to protect my head from hitting it.

Oh my God, what just happened?

"C-Carter? Are you there?" I knew he had done this, and I knew I was screwed. I then felt someone grab me by the front of my robe and slam me up against the wall. This time, my head did come into contact with the wall.

I heard rustling inside the room, and my attention switched back to Carter, who had me pressed up against the wall. The light from the moon was coming in through the window, and I saw his grin.

"Carter, let me go. I don't know what just happened, but you need to let me go. I won't tell anyone this happened." My voice was surprisingly firm, even though I felt like jello.

"I'll let you go once we have a little fun, okay?" I knew what he meant, but I decided to be oblivious, hoping he would think I was too stupid to understand, and maybe he would let me go. I knew it wouldn't work, but I could not think of anything else at the moment.

"There's bobbing for apples in the great hall, that sounds really fun to me, I was actually-"

"Don't act dumb, you know the exact kind of fun I'm talking about." He leaned in and placed a sloppy kiss on my mouth, and I moved my head sidewise, making him stop kissing me.

He pressed himself against me, trapping my wrists with one of his hands.

"Stop! What the hell are you doing? Who do you think you are?" I struggled in his grip, panic flaring through me.

"Taking what I want. You really think you can deny me? Do you not know who I am? I take what I want, and I want you." He started kissing my neck, and I started screaming for help.

"No one can hear you, we're too far into the secret passage. I have you all to myself."

One of his hands grabbed at my chest, and I struggled and yelled even more. I lifted my leg towards his privates, but he stopped me.

"Stop struggling, this is going to happen whether you like it or not. Why don't you just enjoy yourself? I'm very skilled in pleasuring a woman's body." His voice was smug, and disgust flowed through me. I spit in his face, and he stopped moving.

I realized then that I had made a grave mistake. Carter grabbed me and pushed me down onto the floor. He straddled me, and I tried my best to ignore how his thing was so close to mine.  "Fuck off! Get the hell away from me! You vile human being!"

Suddenly, he grabbed my hands and held them above my head.

Now that I was immobilized, Carter started tearing at my shirt.  After that, I shut my eyes, and surrendered myself to this horrible crime. I had no way out.

*****

But suddenly, Carter was pulled off of me.  I heard muffled sounds of pain outside in the hallway, and I quickly sat up and covered myself with my robe. Thankfully, he had only been able to pull my shirt off, and I was wearing a camisole underneath, so he hadn't seen anything.

I was shaking, and I pushed myself back against a wall. Someone was in here with me, and I had no idea if that person was friend or foe.

I pulled my knees up against my chest, trying to make myself as small as possible.

"Lumos."

A light appeared, and I was shocked when I saw who it was.

"D-Draco?" He was the one who saved me?

Draco walked until he was right in front of me, then sat down across from me. The weird thing is, I felt safe. I didn't feel like he was a threat. I let myself relax slightly.

He took his robe off, then gently tucked it around me. He looked worried, and I was so confused.

"How did you find me?" I asked, relaxing even more at the feeling of his robe enveloping me.

"I saw Carter leading you away. At first I didn't care. You were friends and you were always hanging out. But after a while, the feeling in my stomach made me run after you. I'm sorry it took me so long to find you."

I just stared at him. I knew now that Draco did not hate me. He had just saved me from something awful.

"Will you hug me?" I whisper to him. He seemed surprised, but he scooted over so that he was sitting beside me, and he enveloped me in a hug.

The feeling I got from his hug was something I wanted to feel all the time. Warm, safe, cared for, listened to. I immediately started crying, and he hugged me even tighter. I felt his hand gently stroke my back, and before I realized it, I had fallen asleep in his arms.