𝘢𝘭𝘺𝘴𝘴𝘢 》11

"HOLY SHIT, CAN YOU GUYS STOP FUCKING FIGHTING?" phil asks, directed towards tom and wilbur, who were already fighting over their bedwars game.

calypso hadn't even built the bed defense yet.

"not until tommy stops being an idiot." wilbur says, hitting tom with his sword before bridging to mid.

"YOU STARTED IT!"

cal rolls her eyes at them, muttering underneath her breath. "boys.."

"what's that supposed to mean?" tom asks, and she just laughs at him, continuing to build up the bed defense before bridging to diamonds.

wilbur laughs along with her. "she's saying you're dumb, toms."

"LITERALLY ALL OF US ARE BOYS! SHE'S CALLING YOU DUMB TOO!" he yells, making the call erupt in laughter.

she hums. "no, no wilbur's right. just you. phil isn't dumb, he's a married man."

"what does him being married have to do with anything?" tommy asks as he falls into the void.

"well obviously he knows more than you, at least in the women department." cal says, upgrading their team as wilbur rushes someones base and dies.

"thank you very much, cal."

"anytime mr. minecraft!"

tommy sighs. "when did this become a hate tommyinnit call?"

"when are our calls NOT tommyinnit hate calls?" wilbur asks, a grin spreading across his face.

"will, i hope you fall into a hole and die."

calypso laughs loudly, before her phone rings on the desk. strangely, this always seems to happen to her.

she picks up the phone, the name reading 'dad.' she sighs for a moment, before deafening on discord and answering.

"hello?"

"hey, cal! sorry i was running late, i'm on my way home now, would you mind if i picked you up though? and we got some icecream or something?" he says.

"yeah, of course. um, is there any reason why?" she asks. cal had learned a few things about her dad- #1 on that list was that he rarely did things without a motive.

and #2 was that motive was rarely what cal wanted.

"uh yeah, i just have some news for you. i'll be there in a few minutes if you want to get your shoes on and such."

cal hums. "alright, see you then. love you, bye."

she hangs up, and then undeafens on discord just in time to hear tommy screaming. "WILL, SHUT UP AND DIE."

"you first, bitch." he responded, and calypso heard a deep sigh from phil.

"guys, i gotta blast. my dad called me, he's gonna take me to get icecream or something." cal interrupted quickly.

"oh alright, bye evans!" tom said, followed by phil.

"everything alright cal?" will asks, and she nods her head forgetting he cant see her.

"yeah i think it's all good. talk to you guys soon!"

she left the call, before quickly pulling her socks on, leaving her room, and jogging down the stairs.

the sound of her footsteps echoed against the empty walls, cal becoming more and more conscious of every step she took.

she put her shoes on, not-so-white airforces, and sat back on the bottom of the stairs so she'd be able to hear when her dad pulled in.

a few moments later, she heard the honk of her dads truck. calypso hopped up, stepping out the door, locking it behind her.

she jogged over to the passenger door, and sitting in the seat. "hey," she said casually, smiling lightly.

"hey buddy, you okay with culvers? flavor of the day is andes mint," he asks, and she nods politely. "okay, cool." he says, before turning the radio.

it was always turned on to 90's hiphop, and the fact that it wasn't should've been cal's first sign something was wrong.

they pulled into the parking lot, went inside and ordered their custard. nothing out of the norm.

as they sat down, cal's dad taps his fingers against the table, and she rocks awkwardly in her seat.

when did it get so weird between them?

a nice young lady comes with their icecream, and they begin eating before he takes a deep sigh, making calypso look up.

"what's up dad? you don't have to do a deep sigh everytime you tell me something. just say it, at this point dude."

"im seeing somebody."

calypso pauses for a moment. it's not what she was expecting. nor was she mad, because she wasn't a character from some shitty fanfic. but she was surprised.

she finally broke her silence. "how long? what's their name?"

her dad hums. "3 months, and her name is alyssa. she has a son. and your older sisters have already met her and loved her." he said, and cal's vision goes blurry for a moment.

"alright, whatever. cool. sounds good." she says, looking down and prodding at her icecream uncomfortably.

a year. it's only been a year. she thought.

her dad clears his throat, trying to end the awkward silence. "she's uh, she's really nice. i swear."

i'm going to england in a week. i don't have to deal with it. im going to england in a week. i dont have to deal with it. she sat, repeating that thought over and over until she believed it.

calypso didn't want her icecream anymore.

[♧▪︎♤]

a/n-

90% of this chapter was written like two months ago no joke im just awful at finishing projects. anyway here's this!!!! sorry!!!!!!