𝘵𝘢𝘭𝘬𝘪𝘯𝘨 》8

[♧▪︎♤]

"WILBUR SOOT, YOU ARE ONE HELL OF A CHARACTER," calypso laughed out, once again playing among us with tommy's friends.

"what can i say, it's a bit of an art. on another note, i watched quackity kill niki in cold blood. he had no remorse."

the lobby laughed as big q started to get defensive. "it was supposed to be a loving tap on the shoulder! i didn't mean to kill her! i'm not sus guys, i'm not sus!"

the voting ended, and quackity was voted out of the ship, meaning the crewmates won.

calypso had been streaming with the group for a little while now, trying to get a little closer to the people tom held so dearly. of course; if she was planning on going to england, she'd have to.

and she'd already bought her plane tickets.

"alright guys, we're ending stream here! say bye to chat echo!" tom said loudly.

"bye chat! go drink some water, and i'll see you next stream!" she said as tom went on deafen. everyone else was ending up their streams too, leaving just her and wilbur in the call since they were the only ones offline.

"you're really good at lying echo, i honestly couldn't hear any expression in your voice. not too sure how to feel about that," will said with a laugh, and cal smiled.

"in your words, it's a bit of an art." she said, impersonating him.

"dear lord, cut out that awful fucking british accent. tom always complains about it and i can finally see why."

calypso laughed loudly, leaning back into her chair. "maybe when i come to england i'll develop a proper one. don't think it happens in a week though."

wilbur hums. "coming to europe then? ready for the bipolar fucking weather?"

"it's bad enough in the US. don't need another continent of bad weather to worry about, to be honest." she says, playing around with her hands as the two chatted.

will nodded his head. "are you planning on vlogging with tommy? i know he's been wanting to vlog, and with the whole you being faceless thing..." he asked, making a gesture with his own hands.

cal cocked her head. "i hadn't really thought about it. i'm not opposed to my face being on the internet, i just don't know if im ready for the backlash?" she said, posing it as a question.

"what do you mean by backlash?"

she paused. "well- you said it yourself, didn't you? girls arent allowed to have anything they like. i'm not insecure at all anymore, but i'm not sure if i'm ready for people to comment on every little bit of my appearance. the way my highlights are a little too grown out, my nails are chipped, i have a little pouch on my stomach. people are harsh," cal said, letting out a breath. "sorry, i rambled."

will shakes his head. "no, no you're fine. that's really interesting to think about- i struggle a lot with the fact that people know i exist. i stay up late at night remembering that i'm all over the internet. if i were in your position, and i could take it all back, i'm not sure what i'd do."

calypso let out a breath of relief. "thank god it's not just me. i use a code name, i don't show my face, but everytime i see fanart or clips of me on social media it freaks me the hell out. i love the fans but it can be too much y'know?"

he nods. "i do know. but that shouldn't stop you from comjng to england and having a good time. if you think you can handle it, don't let fear hold you back."

she was about to reply when her phone buzzed on the table, reading the name 'dad' in bold letters. "i better take this. nice chat, will. have a good night!"

"you too echo, it was really cool to talk to you." he said as she left the call.

leaning back in her chair, she brought the phone up to her ear to answer it. "hey, what's up?" she said.

"nothing much, kiddo. just wanted to double check on the plans, you're going to england with gis in three weeks?"

cal paused for a moment, questioning. "yes sir, that's the plan. why?"

there's noise on the other side, until he finally speaks up. "no reason champ. just gonna miss you. i'll be home in thirty, i have chinese takout. sesame chicken, your favorite!"

"okay dad, see you then. love you, bye." she said, ending the phone call with a sigh.

sesame chicken hadn't been her favorite since seventh grade.

[♧▪︎♤]

a/n-

hey besties :) long time no see. maybe i'll post more idk. but love you guys. hope this chapter is good enough.

tout mon amour,
laine.