𝘨𝘪𝘴𝘦𝘭𝘭𝘦 》2

[♧▪︎♤]

CALYPSO'S LIGHT PURPLE IPHONE BUZZED ON THE TABLE, HER DAD'S CONTACT FLASHING. with a heavy sigh, she picks it up, holding it to her ear. "hello?"

"cal! hey, im on my way home. im picking up pizza, do you want pepperoni?" his voice said, the rumble of his pickup truck muffling his voice.

calypso's face falls. more than anything, she just wishes her dad could be home long enough to make a home cooked meal.

if she's honest, she's not sure if her dad has made anything to eat since her mom died. maybe the memory of her mother lingers too much in the kitchen, or the thought that she used to stand in front of the very same stove is too much to bare.

either way, calypso is tired.

"yeah. pepperoni is fine dad. thank you."

"oh, i forgot to tell you. giselle's mom called me, and giselle will be there in a couple of minutes. can't remember why she's coming over, but she's staying the night." he says, his turn signal beeping in the background.

"sounds good, i'll open the door. see you soon." she hangs up and smiles. giselle, giselle, giselle. her bestfriend since grade 5, where their friendship started by bullying the pokemon kids until they both got detention.

but boy, was that detention worth it.

calypso slides off the sofa, drowsily making her way through her house to the front door, unlocking and opening it for when giselle gets there.

freshman year, they had given her a key, but she lost it within the first month. so nowadays, they just open the door when she's on her way.

cal hums a tune she can't quite put a name to as she walks over to the kitchen bar, sitting down on one of the stools.

the door slams open, startling calypso, and in walks giselle.

"damn bitch, you live like this?" giselle says, walking as if it's her own home, making cal giggle.

"gis, you've been friends with me for so many years, you'd think you'd be used to the fact my house is big." cal says, standing up from her bar stool.

giselle rolls her eyes. "i grew up like lower middle class cal, let me enjoy the size of your fucking house." she says, making calypso laugh once again.

she walks upstairs with giselle following her trail. "dude, did you see the new mr. beast video? im just saying karl was looking mighty fucking fine in that button up shirt.." giselle rambles, and cal nods her head.

"the blue one? i saw a picture where he was holding a skeleton, that was cool. his hair looks fluffy." cal says, walking down the hall into her room.

calypso's walls were all white, with a coral accent wall. vines covered one of her walls, and led lights surrounded the top.

she remembers the day dad had told her they were redoing her room. something new, to forget the pain maybe. she had thought they were doing it together.

the next day, movers came into her room. asked her how she wanted it, redecorated it all, and her dad wasn't home a second.

cal shakes the thought from her head, tuning back in on giselle's rambling. "y'know, i feel weird talking about karl because he joined the smp that helped your literal bestfriend get famous but he's so fine i refuse to stop."

calypso laughs as giselle sits down at the spinny deskchair in the corner. "it's alright, if they weren't tommy's bestfriends i might have something to say myself.." she says, and giselle raises her eyebrows.

"girl what the fuck does that mean?" gis says, and cal rolls her eyes.

"i'm just saying the dream smp is a server of nice looking individuals, but it doesn't matter because i have to talk to some of them on friday, i dont want it to be weird."

"back up, you have to do what on friday?" gis says, and calypso widens her eyes, remembering she forgot to tell her bestfriend.

"tom asked me to play among us with them on friday?"

"is there a spot for your very bestfriend giselle salazar?" gis says jokingly, and cal can't help but smile.

"karl isn't playing." she says, getting up and turning on the p.c by her desk.

"nevermind then."

[♧▪︎♤]

A/N

hey guys :]
this was a fun chapter to write,
shoutout to my love elle for
being the inspiration for gis.
actually, for being gis.
see you next time <3

tout mon amour, laine.