When Brothers Father: Part Two

Start from the beginning

"Oh fuck your dramatic ass, Mac. How is this my fault?" MacArthur laughed in response but only to keep himself from going off on his only brother. He sighed.

"It was your decision not to get him help. Therefore, you need to bring your ass to momma house in fifteen minutes, no less, or I'll be coming to disrupt your dainty little living arrangement that you traded in your first born children for."

He hung up before giving his big brother a chance to respond. Taking the long way there so he could call and check in with Jah.

"What's goin' on?" He asked Jah over the phone.

"Uh.. I don't think it's going away this time pop. He still remembering shit... even the kid."

"It's alright. Imma get it sorted out. Just keep an eye on em please."

"What you mean, sort it out?"

"I'm taking care of it. I'll be back. Call me if you need." He offered, hanging up on his first born son, Jah. Not too long after, he was pulling into the driveway of the old house where he and Maverik grew up with three other siblings, their mother (Ada Mae), and Maverik's father.

MacArthur walked into the brown bricked two family home finding his mother in the kitchen per usual. He hugged her and sat down, helping her pick the greens she was preparing.

"What brings you home?"

"I wanted to check in on you." He said, earning and upturned tooted lips from her. He laughed at her response. "Okay, okay." He said putting his hands up in defense, "I also needed a no man's land for me and your other son to meet. An even playing field if you will."

"And you figured he wouldn't get out of line if his momma is here." She chuckled, "Either way it goes, I'm happy to see my boys any time. I never see you anymore. How are my grandbabies ?"

"Not babies anymore." They both laughed. "Anyway, that's what Mav and I gotta talk about." Then he scrunched his face trying to remember something, "did anyone tell you about Damon?"

She raised her eyebrows, "Maverik's boy? Oh I haven't heard his name in many many years. He would be twenty two or twenty three now." She cooed.

"Well, you might find this to be good news.  One of Lonnie's friends had been friends with Damon since kids. Somehow the kid found out they might be brothers and brought them back together. Something out of a movie, if you ask me." He chuckled.

Ada, MacArthur and Maverik's mother, dropped the greens that were in her hands, wiping her hands on her apron to walk around the table to him. "My grandson is still alive and well?"

"And doing pretty good for himself. He's an artist, well known, has a college degree and everything."

She scrunched up her face, "well you seem to know so much about him. How long ago was he rediscovered?"

"I can't remember the date that I found out, momma. But almost a month maybe?"

She shook her head, walking slowly through the living room until she was faced with a photo of Dame as a young boy. She began to weep. Mac stood, going over to comfort her, she smacked his hands away, visibly upset. At the same instant Maverik had walked through the door. She put her hands up to them, " It's like we're not even family anymore. Just broken glass pieces of a once beautiful mirror that reflected our heritage and love. There's just too many secrets. Too many to keep with." She pointed at her two sons with something else in mind to say but decided against it as she walked down the long hall to her bedroom.

Maverik looked around the spick-and-span home before opening his mouth to his brother saying, "You been here five minutes and already made momma cry? Ain't nothing change, huh?"