Weird Newsies, Trans Lucky And Newsie Ceremony

Start from the beginning

"Something wrong?" Jordan asked, Lucky climbed on his lap and plopped himself on it. 

"Kind of, I've something that've been bothering me" Lucky said shyly as he looked away from Jordan. Jordan took his hand and put it under Lucky's chin before he turned Lucky's head so he was facing him.

Jordan smiled softly at Lucky. "What have been bothering you?" he asked.

"I don't think I'm a boy, I don't feel like a boy" Lucky said as they looked Jordan in the eyes. a tear fell from Lucky's eyes. "But I'm also scared that the other Newsies won't support me"

"That's okay, you're valid no matter your identity and the Newsies will support you. What pronounces do you want us to use on you?" Jordan asked.

Lucky looked at him confused and tilted their head. "Pronounces? What's that?"

Jordan chuckled. "Pronounces are what we use when we talk about someone. Like: he's amazing, they are really nice or she is really smart. You even use them like this: I'm in love with him, I'm friends with them and I like her"

"Oh!" Lucky said as realisation dawned on them. "Can you use she or the ones you use on a girl?"

"Of course we can, do you want to be called a girl and be treated like you're a girl?" Jordan asked and Lucky nodded.

"Can you help me tell the others?" she asked.

"Yep. Do you want to do it now since everyone is outside?" Jordan asked softly.

"If that's okay with you then yes please" Lucky answered and Jordan stood up before walking to the middle of the huge backyard and getting everyone to stand around him and Lucky.

"Okay, guys, the reason I called you all over to me and Lucky is because Lucky here, wants you to know something" Jordan started, he had Lucky on his hip, and looked at her. "Do you want me to say it or do you want to do it?" he asked her.

"You" she said, a bit shy from all the attention.

"Okay, she doesn't feel like a boy and doesn't think she is a boy. Now, as you may have noticed, I called her a she and used she/her pronounces on her, I did that because that is what she wants us to use on her. She wants to be treated like and called a girl, so from now on, Lucky is a girl. If you don't accept it then I'll make sure you'll do" Jordan said and everyone suddenly started to cheer.

Jack went over to Jordan and Lucky. "This is a really big and hard decision Lucky. You're a really brave girl for telling everyone this. And thank you Jordan, for helping her, we really appreciate it" he told them as he took Lucky and wrapped her in a hug. Everyone was still in a group so Ace took the chance to do the regular Newsie thing.

"Guys, can I get everyone's attention?" he called out to everyone. They all turned to look at him, confused. "As we all know, most Newsies have Newsie names and since Jordan is basically a Newsie now, we have to ask him the Newsie question-" he started explaining before getting cut off by someone.

"We heard there is a new Newsie in town!" Kenny exclaimed as he and Knobs entered the backyard.

"We wanna be here while he gets his Newsie question" Knobs said and patted Jordan on the shoulder, he flinched at the touch but quickly calmed down. "Oh my god, I'm sorry, are you okay?" Knobs asked in panic if he had hurt Jordan or something.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just feeling a little bit weird because I came here yesterday and it was not the best experience I had before it even tho I know a lot of people here have worse backgrounds and history oh my god I'm rambling again, I'm sorry"

Ace ran up to Jordan and hugged him before letting go and putting each hand on his shoulders, he looked him into the eyes. "Jordan, it's okay. You're fine" he said softly and Jordan nodded.

Kenny went to stand in front of Jordan. "Hey, I'm Kenny. I'm a Newsie that don't live at Medda's house, but you may have noticed that" he said and Jordan chuckled slightly before nodding. "Your name's Jordan, right?" Kenny asked before Jordan nodded again.

"Okay, everyone, stand in a circle" Knobs called out and everyone did just that. "Great. Now, Jordan, stand in the middle of the circle" Jordan went to stand in the middle of the circle and all eyes ended up on him. It made him quite nervous.

"Great, now it's time to give you the question. Ace, I heard that you're his soulmate, is that right?" Kenny asked and Ace nodded. "Okay, do you have an example?"

"Yeah, I actually do" Ace answered.

"Okay, question, why are you so secretive about this?" Jordan asked as he looked at Kenny and Knobs who stood next to each other in the circle.

"Because you're gonna get a really important question any second now" Knobs answered.

"And the question is coming now. Jordan, do you want a Newsie name?" Ace asked and Jordan smiled brightly, nodding vigorously. "Okay, I made one for you that I think you like. I told you about Newsie names when we were in Midtown and I slightly mentioned it. Jordan, do you want your Newsie name to be Flips?"

"Oh my god, yes!" Jordan said and Ace tackled him to the ground in a hug. Ace squished him. "Ace. Air" Jordan gasped out and Ace quickly jumped off of him.

"I'm so sorry" Ace quickly said as he stretched out his arm so Jordan could take it. Jordan took it and stood up.

"Welcome to the gang, Flips. We're really happy that you are a part of us. We haven't asked you but it looks like you want to so welcome" Jack exclaimed and everyone laughed before one after one hugged Jordan.

1613 words