12. passion fruit in the woods

Comenzar desde el principio

"but he doesn't look at everyone else in that way- just certain people he's friends with, you know? he's pretty much a warm kinda dude who's like kind to strangers and shit, that type."

jeongguk wanted to argue about the idea but then he recalled the night they went to the cafe in the art gallery.

taehyung acted kinda friendly and showed warmness towards the receptionist and the worker who was late to take their orders at the cafe, basically wasn't what he would've expected of the older.

"why's he such a dick to me then?" jeongguk asked more directed to himself. "we're not even friends?"

"it's probably his love language." joshua simply answered. "anyway, why didn't you tell me that the relationship was purely sexual? i thought you guys had something more than that."

"you wouldn't have believed me." jeongguk replied plainly. "all of you never did." he mumbled the last part very quietly that joshua missed it.

━━━━━━━━━━

taehyung was called in to ms. cho's office.

they were having a quick chat about taehyung's improvement in his studies, mainly in the subject chemistry — with ms. cho mostly mentioning that jeongguk was such a big help to taehyung and said that she was very proud of taehyung for like, once.

taehyung has also been improving in history, completely making his own effort to do so. he figured that he wanted to make his mom proud because her proudness = him getting higher allowance. fair trade.

"you called me here... just to tell me that you think jeongguk is this one amazing, exceptional, talented, worthy kid that you picture him to be?" taehyung spoke up after hearing the endless series of praises for jeongguk who wasn't even here to begin with.

"i mean, did i lie though?" ms. cho quipped with a playful smile. "you're jealous or something?"

"why would i be?" taehyung scoffed, rolling his eyes and getting up from the chair he was sitting on. "that's it right? i'm gonna go now."

ms. cho let out a soft laugh at taehyung's typical fashion. "yeah, you can go. study well and all the best for your football match later today!" she held up a fist as a supportive gesture.

"thank you, ms. cho." taehyung bowed and got himself out of the office. "we'll do our best!" he smiled by the door.

right when he closed the door behind him, someone just had to bump into him that resulted in the  cigarette case he snuck in the pocket of his blazer to jump out from hiding and fell onto the floor.

he shifted his gaze from the cigarette case that was sitting on the floor, completely in sight, towards the person who had bumped into him, instantly recognising the familiar pair of big doe eyes.

"what the fuck?" taehyung spat, looking at jeongguk angrily. "there's no one else here in the hallway so there's plenty of room for you to walk away from me?"

jeongguk stared back and forth between the cigarettes on the floor and taehyung, suddenly focusing on getting his hands on the case and finally be the winner.

"give it up, taehyung, it's over." jeongguk sneered, jutting his chin towards the office that was on their right. "let's go in there."