Chapter Eight

Cole POV

I walk towards the table where I left my books and notebook. I see her leaning into my book with her eyebrows frowned, reading the book. I know the book, it's in Latin. I can't help but notice how attractive she looks in her green dress. It goes just above her knees and hugs her body perfectly. As she is bent on the table with her elbows to the sides of the book, and her head in her hands, I imagine grabbing her hips. I shake the thought away as I make my way to her. She has my book after all. I use that as an excuse to get close to her.

- Interesting book? – I ask her. I lean slightly brushing half of her back as I whisper in her ear.

She tenses for a second but relaxes almost immediately. I like that her body responds to mine.

- You can understand this book? – She asks, not lifting her eyes from the pages. I admire her profile showing off her perfect nose.

- You don't? little Luna? – I ask her. I Genuinely thought she was reading. She moves her weight slightly opposite of me and turns her face to mine. Less than two inches away.

- Only a little, almost alpha – She tells me, emphasizing the almost. Oh, she doesn't like being called little....noted – Would you share with me what it says? – She asks me, begging with her eyes. I notice her deep desire to know more about the book. I look at the page I left open. Vinculum fractus. A broken bond.

I frown in confusion. Why would this interest her?

Mikaela POV.

I decide to investigate some more now that Alpha Jonathan and Luna Iris are busy.

I let them know my intentions, so Asher wouldn't follow me, and I walk to the second floor. I pass a few pack members who look at me curiously.

When I arrive, I go to the spot where I was last time. Cole's and Jace's books are there, open. I walk to see what they're about. They are about the mate bond. One of them is a story on how the moon goddess decided to create it. Just another version of the legend. The other one was in Latin. I could manage to understand the words vinculum and fractus. My heart got excited.

I've been looking for information on this!

I sigh in delight and catch a lemon and mint scent. Cole is here. I would ask him to lend me the book... or maybe he already has the translation. He comes to where I am, standing close to me.

-Interesting book? – He said in a low husky voice. I had to fight the urge to gulp. I tensed a little as his body brushed mine. I was a mated wolf. I shouldn't be affected by another man's body. But I felt safe close to him. I just hoped Jace wouldn't barge in on us. It was wrong to want to snuggle with Cole, I knew that.

"Focus!" My wolf demanded. But I know she was more distracted than me. She had told me she liked Cole's wolf.

-You can understand this book? – I ask him. Not looking up, my eyes were reading words, my brain trying to decipher it. I only knew a little Latin. It helped me understand medical terms.

- You don't? Little Luna? – He asks mockingly. I wasn't small. I move my weight to my hip in annoyance and look at him. I'm caught off guard by how close he is. I was ready to fight him for calling me little. But his face is distracting me. I feel his breath on my face and I want to stare at him forever. I blink the thoughts away.

- Only a little, almost alpha – I say, making sure he notices the almost. Maybe that would bug him enough, but not too much. – Would you share with me what it says? – I ask him. Please say yes, please say yes.

"If he doesn't, we'll find a way. We know he has the book." My wolf tells me.

Cole looks down to the book. He frowns as he reads it. Did he know what it meant? Would he start asking too many questions?