Chapter Ten

Cole POV.

I'm talking to a couple of members from my pack. Letting them know we might be going out. Though I don't tell them where, just yet. In case Mother decides not to help. I hope she won't help Mikaela get pregnant. It was selfish. I knew that. But I could not help it. Since the night at the lake, I could not stop thinking about her, comparing her to Kara for some reason.

I don't know how to do it, but I need to stop thinking about both of them.

Kara rejected me six years ago. Mikaela was a mated wolf.

I need to snap out of it.

"We're taking her to Scarlett." My mother said through the link, interrupting my thoughts.

"How many are going? I only asked Thomas and Luke to get ready." I said. I thought they were enough. We didn't want too many people involved.

"Maybe just Thomas. I'm sure Beckett has to stay with Mikaela." She said.

"I'm not sending you with just one guard." I told her.

"What do you mean? You're coming with us!" She told me.

I let out a big breath. And I dismissed Luke. Thomas was always geared up, so he went to get the car while I went to the armory to gear up myself. Scarlett, the witch's house was in vampire territory. It was just precaution.

As I choose from a set of knives, Mikaela invaded my thoughts. I needed to avoid thinking about her slim figure, her long legs, her pouty lips, her blue eyes.... Stop thinking! I told myself. Because it was useless to like her. It was ridiculous given she was taken. I barely even knew her.

"I know I like her wolf" My wolf tells me, emphasizing the first "I".

"So, it's your fault I like her?" I ask him.

"You like her too?" he asks smugly.

"Get lost" I tell him and push him to the back of my mind.

My wolf and I both like her. I am doomed.

I sense Elena come in and I hope she'll distract my thoughts. I was wrong.

- Cole! You're going with the Lunas. – She said.

- Yeap - I answer. I looked at her. She was a bit nervous. – You okay? – I ask her.

- Yes! Yes, of course I am. Why do you ask? – She answered way too reassuringly. I look at her, arching one of my eyebrows.

- Is it obvious I'm nervous? – She asks. She knew the answer of course. – I mean I think it is obvious for you. You read people so well.

Everyone except Mikaela. Mikaela is confusing.

Elena keeps talking, so I think I'll let her to it.

- I don't know if this is a good idea. I really think Luna Iris has mistaken the reason Luna Mikaela wants a sorcerer. – She blurts, like I knew she would.

- It's really not our business why she wants a sorcerer. – I say, not really meaning it. I wanted to know why she wanted one. And after Elena's suspicions, I don't know what to think. On one side It would be great if she didn't want a child, but on the other, what did she want? I had a bad feeling, my gut said it had something to do with what I told her in the library but, whose bond could she want broken? And better yet, why?

- Any ways, how are you doing? – She asks.

- What? – This girl changes topics so fast.

- I've been waiting for you to bring up your second chance mate, but you haven't. – She says.