"The cuts. The bruises. You know what he's talking about." Vision cut in. You smirked lightly, trying to hide the pain in your eyes.

"I've lived with many people. I have many cuts and bruises. Your going to need to elaborate." You replied, seeing the frustration on his face.

"The more... recent ones." Sam butt in, you looked to him realized you had never even seen him in the building.

"My family." You replied bluntly.

"Your family?" Wanda said, a small crack to her voice. How could someone of your relation do that to you? Her family was the most important thing to her. Although none of them were there with her today her tough exterior could always falter, even at the mention of one others childhood. Especially in connection to a child. A child to have so much pain that early on.

Wanda wasn't really that sensitive. She was strong and thick skinned. But did have a soft spot for children. All of them did. Wanda maybe just a little more than the others.

"Adoptive. family." You added, not wanted them to be referred as blood.
"My father and my brother enjoy it, gives them a thrill I guess." You shrugged. You saw the looks of insanity you received as they looked at you, wondering how you could downplay it so well.

"We found you unconscious on the sidewalk drenching in new and old blood, and your acting like nothing happened." Natasha spoke.

"Because that was nothing."

"Pfft, I'd call that something." Sam scoffed, you smiled devilishly.

"There's been worse." You mumbled while shifting your position in the chair.
"This conversation is quite boring." You fake yawned.

"Okay Ms. Mitrea.. how long have you been in the US." Nick questioned.

"Ten years and counting."

"So you lived in Romania for 5 years?" Natasha countered.

"In an orphanage with Russian nuns, correct."
"Is this whole interrogation just to find personal information on me?" You finally questioned, noticing almost all these questions related to your backstory.

"Well, we've ruled out the chance of you being a threat so we want to get to know you." Nick said while clearing his throat.

"How do you know I'm not a threat." You said monochromatically.

"Let's say you were a threat... we've got you outnumbered, one to.. a lot. And you have little training and you are currently chained to this table." He smiled back.

"You don't even know my full abilities." You scoffed.

"Then feel free to humor us, let's hear your abilities shall we." Nick questioned viciously, looking between the members at his sides. You chuckled slowly.

"Maybe that can wait for another time.. anyways.. are we done here? I'd like to get on home." You outstretched your arms.

"Home to your abusive family?" Wanda asked, her friendly concern still rapid. The word abusive imprinted in your mind.

"No home to my forest fairies, yes to my family." You rolled your eyes.

"Why would you want to go home?" Bucky seemed to have a disgusted look on his face.

"Where else would I go? I can't sleep out over the Italian restaurant every night." You shrugged.
"Now. Is someone going to escort me or you just gonna stare..?" You said while standing up and pushing the chair away. Natasha walked over and un-did your metal clamping. You saw her speaking with her eyes as she looked at the avengers slowly.

"Nice to meet you all, now I hope to never see you again." You smiled with a peace sign as the door shut.

You walked down the short hall back towards the elevator silently with Natasha by your side. You stood quite as the door opened and you walked in.

"You know, your pretty good at masking your pain." Natasha spoke as she look directly at the closed doors
"To Recovery floor 2." She added softly while the elevator began moving downwards. You looked up at her resting face.

"I've worn a mask my entire life. Literally and figuratively." You shrugged while leaning against the wall.

"I had to learn to do the same at a young age as well... but pushing your trauma to the side will never help you." She whispered as the doors dinged open and you both began to walk out.

"Oh don't worry, I know all about you Ms. Natalia." She gave you a cold look.

"Stop calling me that." She said firmly.

"It's a pretty name. I wish my name was different. Constantly reminding me of the screams of my fath- Dr.Lucifer." You stopped yourself, refraining from calling him your parent. You wanted to hate him so dearly with every fiber in your body but sometimes you couldn't help to feel a need to please him, even when he wasn't around.

"Dr. Lucifer?" Natasha questioned as you reached your holding grounds.

"My former foster father from when I was six, kinda gave me this thing." You said while shifting into the room before she had a chance to open the door, she immediately rushed in with a growth of fear.

"Got it." She sighed while sitting in a chair temporarily.
"Well I think the name Elvira is very pretty."

"Okay, so am I free to go?" You say while standing up with your backpack.

"Uhh yeah." She sighed while opening the door. You began to step outside before she stopped you.

"Wait... are you sure you want to go? You could- you could just stay with us for a few days, we can talk to the police, show them everything your dad did to you." She stopped you. You sighed while turning back to face her.

"Don't pity me and ask me to stay. I'm an independent young lady who can fend for herself." You pointed while walking out the door.

"I'm not pitying you! I just want to help." She said while standing up to follow you, going to grip both your shoulders. You Immediately pushed away and ran your back into the wall behind you, a spritz of fear shuffle through your body. She just put her hands up in the air and sighed.

"I refuse to go back into the foster system, switching homes every couple months is not what I want to do. I have school next week and I'm free for three months." You responded in an frustrated tone while walking even faster down the hall. You knew that was BS since you wouldn't be attending the last week of school but that wasn't the point.

"what if you don't have to go to the foster system, maybe you could stay here." She said in a quiet voice. You stopped dead in your track.

"Don't do this out of remorse." You kept walking.

"I'm not." She replied, catching back up to you once again.

"I'm pretty sure you can't decide for the whole team who lives in this gigantic tower." You mumbled.

"Seriously Elvira. We've already all talked. We want you to stay." She said once again. You stopped and closed your eyes. Sucking up the tears that were threatening to fall.

"I really appreciate the offer, I really do, but I can't." You said firmly, your voice wavering slightly.
"Plus I just told all your little friends I'd hope to never see them again."

"Don't do this to prove something to yourself. We can take care of you here. You'll still be independent, but you will be safe here. They don't care what you'd said." Natasha said, still trying to convince you. You turned around slowly and looked her up in the eyes.

"This isn't a joke?" You whispered. She nodded.
"100% serious?" You let your confident extortion melt slightly. She nodded again. This is when you finally allowed her to touch you as you enveloped her body in a tight, comforting hug.

You almost forgot how good a firm hug felt.