Chapter 9 -- Missing

After handing out panflets earlier on in the day about the comet everyone was now there ready to see it.
"Where's Kristen?" Vicki asked from Tyler's side.
"I don't know. I can't see her." Tyler replied to her. Feeling her worry he called Caroline.
"Hey Care! Come here please."
"You two okay." She asked them both worriedly.
"We can't find Kristen." Hearing that Caroline whistled loudly getting everyone's attention.
"Can everyone willing pair up and help us find Kristen please." Everyone paired up and went to find the girl. Caroline went with Matt knowing he'd run into Stefan.

When they did Matt asked Stefan look out for the girl. After that Caroline suggested they split up, Matt agreed and Caroline went in the same direction as Stefan.

She got to the roof and opened the door. When she looked out she saw Damon teasing Stefan threatening to put Kristen over the edge.

She stepped out and spoke.
"Give her back please Mr Salvatore. She's not part of your family drama." She directed at Damon, hands on hips and eyebrows raised unimpressed.
"Feisty I like it. Who are you?"
"Give her back and I'll tell you."
Damon pushed Kristen back towards Stefan. He grabbed her and pulled her behind him.

"Stefan get Kristen back. Tell the other's after I saw that you found her I decided to go home because I was tired."
"Bu-"
"Go."
"Okay." After Stefan brought Kristen away and took her to the others telling them the lie he was told. Not before compelling Kristen to forget as best as he could.

"How do you know who I am?"
"I know a lot about you Damon. Even about why you're here. But first. I'm Caroline and I suggest you leave the people of this town alone if you know what's good for you." When she finishes he went to speak but she interrupted him.
"I mean it Damon. Leave these people alone." And with that she left the roof and proceeded to actually go home.

"En? Babe?"
"Yeah Angel?" Enzo replied to her over the phone getting ready for bed.
"Damon Salvatore is in town. Thought you'd want to know. He's been doing the attacks."
"Of course he is. He's such an idiot. Thanks for telling my Angel. You're a saint." He responded.
"No problem babe. Anything for you. I'll see you soon. Love you."
"Love you too Angel." Then the line went dead and she got out her notepad with her to do list.

-To do
1 Save Enzo ✔️
2 Obtain Vervain ✔️
3 Save Davina and Kai
4 Save Harper from the tomb

She knew this list would expand but it's nice to see goals be slowly checked off. It was more motivating for her.

She decided to call it a night and slept surprisingly peacefully. Even after sensing Damon 'the creep' Salvatore watching her through her bedroom window.