[ 0 6 ]

Freya slammed the door closed, instantly gaining the attention of everyone in the room. She struck a ridiculous pose.

Aurora shot out of her seat. "You got the job?"

"You bet your ass I did," said Freya proudly. She did a little twirl that seemed far too feminine, considering she was wearing a very chunky guard's uniform.

She let out a surprised shriek when her body was lifted off the ground and into a hug. She squeezed him back excitedly.

"Congratulations," said Bellamy as put her back down.

She beamed at him. "Thank you."

Octavia walked over and hugged her as well. " I don't understand, though." She pulled back and looked up at the taller girl. "You haven't lived with or really spoken to your dad in years, and now he helps you get a job?" she continued while Aurora pulled Freya into yet another hug. She smiled at the woman happily. Then she turned to Octavia.

"I don't understand him either," she said honestly. "But I know for a fact that the only reason he helped was to keep up his image. No one knows what an ass he is, and having me follow in his footsteps makes him look good."

No one on the Ark knew just how screwed up the Avery family really was, and Aidan had no intention of letting them know either.

"Luckily he's a lot higher ranked than I am, so I'll hardly ever have to speak to him. If ever."

"Wait, does this mean you'll be moving out, too?" asked Octavia with much concern.

Considering the fact that Bellamy was older than Freya, they had all expected for him to leave the nest first. But with a job comes money, and with money comes a certain freedom. Bellamy had yet to get a job, since he didn't have any connections of his own.

Freya adjusted her black jacket. It had gotten messed up from all of their hugging. "Not right now, but I'm gonna start saving up."

"I think you should just keep living here," said Octavia decidedly.

She went back to the table where she had been doing some homework that Aurora had assigned. She sat down, as if that action had decided that Freya would stay.

"Octavia, she's an adult now," said Aurora. "It's natural to want to move out and try being by yourself with your own money."

Bellamy sat down in the chair next to Octavia. He didn't seem too pleased either.

"Eighteen's not adult," scoffed Octavia. She was getting frustrated.

Freya walked towards where they were sat. Considering that Octavia had only ever known the three people she lived with, she was especially concerned about them leaving.

"And I haven't moved yet," reassured Freya. She ruffled Octavia's hair. Her eyes switched to meet Bellamy's. "You'll still have to put up with me for a while."

Octavia smiled, but pushed Freya's hand out of her hair. She tried combing her hands through the locks to make it look less wild. "Just promise me that you'll come visit."