Today, she hadn't bothered herself with the Military Base, because of the one thing of value she had heard: day after tomorrow - the seventeenth of January, was an important schedule.

From two thirty in the morning, they would have the big meeting.

Those messengers - with Alexandra hidden in the background, pushed against the walls and covered by a patch of contorted trees and shrubs that looked like Junipers, but could be just wild weeds - had approached the General, handing him what appeared like an official document. And then began their business.

'Day after tomorrow, General, His Majesty shall have the meeting.' The tallest one with a huge mole on his left cheekbone had said.

'I hope it is well thought out. That we shall not regret this.' The General had replied, setting the scroll down next to his empty scabbard, unopened, on a nearby table.

'There's no question of regret, General, it must be done - and we must do it. Half of us might not live after it, at least our souls can rest in peace, knowing that we've followed our duties.' The mole-cheeked one had clarified.

'Our duty, messenger, is to work for the safety of the Nation. Not blindly follow the King's orders.' The General had pointed out, gazing at them impassively.

Another messenger had stepped forward. 'Though for now, Sir, the King's orders remain in accordance with our duties.' He had waited for retorts or arguments for a minute, then continued, 'can we hope to have the meeting at the scheduled time, then?' He slightly cowered, keeping his distance from the General, who had looked ahead into the distance for a minute. Then he crossed his arms in a reserved gesture and nodded twice, still staring into his previous spot.

'Thank you, Sir,' all the three said, together. A last bow, and they left. Alexandra was still in the background, scratching her chin, and wondering how she could get her hands upon that scroll.

She inched forward and looked to her sides, then fixed her eyes on the man.

One inch at a time! Her mind rebuked. Alexandra heeded to it, little by little, she stepped forward, landed on all fours, grabbed the scroll and pounced back into the shrubs.

She had given it a quick read, in about thirty seconds, then turned her head back to the General, who was still staring into the distance, a hand on his chin, as though deep in thought.

She was just scrolling it back up when his other hand reached out behind him, feeling the table for the scroll. But all he got was the scabbard.

Her heart ramming against her ribcage, Alexandra managed to tie the red ribbon around the scroll once again, as the General turned behind, his eyes falling on an empty table. His expression grew tight and he frowned. Alexandra tossed the scroll back on the ground, right behind him, as he turned.

He exhaled, finding the scroll on the earth, his frown and the crease between his eyebrows disappearing within a second. Perhaps he thought it had fallen due to the wind. Little did he know that just about a meter away from him, sat a spy, breathing heavily, an arm to her chest - her eyes still wide from the near escape.

* * *

Saying something was be important, was easy. But getting to it in time, was the difficult part. And certainly, Alexandra HAD to be on time. Those messengers and the General had spoken nothing clearly. She had got no inkling of what was going to happen and so, being early, was the best.

Mainly, since it was still night at One, going through the Camp had become easier. Alexandra knew Doveland, but she had NEVER been to these military regions. The wounding, sharp-turning, even paths were deceptive. As far as her eyes travelled, there was only darkness and the faint glow of lamps from the training tents.