And instantly I buried my face in his chest and began weeping like a baby
"Stop talking such stupid things...You are not going anywhere...nothing is gonna happen to you...samjhe aap??"

As I was sobbing Baba caressed my head "The only thing I was worried about was my baby...my little champ...and by getting him married to you I have fulfilled all my  responsibilities...so now I am not at all worried about him...you will look after my baby as his mother...but still there's one more thing that I need to do"

Raising my head I wiped my tears while he picked up some files in his hand and explained "These are the property documents...whatever is mine will be equally distributed among my kids...so these are his shares" placing those files in my hand he added

"He will never accept this from me...so I am giving this to his wife"

"But Ba

"Don't oppose bacche...just take this...already I have been carrying so much inside me...now I am too tired and weak ...I can't"

"Why don't you talk to him Baba??...he is your blood...he will listen to you"

"He won't Sona...I know him more  than anyone"

"Just once Baba...please"

"Not once Sona...millions of times I have tried to talk with him but not even a single time he let me succeed ...every time I made an attempt he just pushed me away from him...he didn't even like meeting me...whenever I would go to see him...he would lock himself in the room...

I know I am mistaken...but I was really helpless...I was bound by some promises...

I had lost my wife too...only I know how much I strived to save her...leaving my 5-year-old son...carrying her reports I was roaming like a mad man with a hope to save her...day by day I was losing my strength...seeing her lying on the bed lifelessly was the most horrifying...but I had to stay strong for my son...because

My son is my home......my happiness... my life...my everything"

He broke down badly...I made him lean on my shoulder and cry his heart out while I was shedding silent tears...

On my shoulder, Baba wept like a baby and that clenched my heart...

Suddenly my phone began ringing and we backed off...

It was Arjun's call and I ran to the balcony...with much difficulty I talked to him and made sure he won't get any doubt...

Meanwhile, Baba came back washing his face and I washed my face too

As we were talking about how Arjun enjoyed the birthday party Maa and Aaru joined us...

"It's been almost 10 months since your marriage and still we did not perform any Pooja...its not good Sona... it's not at all good for a married couple...in the initial days of your marriage I asked Amma to organise for the pooja but she said Arjun has strictly warned her not to bring such stupid ideas in the house"

And that was a piece of news to me

"I didn't know anything about this Maa...Amma didn't tell me that you asked her to do so"

"Bhai must have asked Amma to shut her mouth" Aaru spoke while Maa added

"Though Arjun won't agree for it but I want you both to perform Satyanarayan Pooja...take it as an order or request but please Sona convince him for this and perform the Pooja as early as possible"

"Don't worry Maa...I'll convince him...Pakka"

Maa gave me a elegant red saree and a beautiful neck piece and asked me to wear it for the Pooja...

Later we had lunch...I was in no mood of having anything but Maa Baba filled my tummy with all the yummy dishes...

Post lunch Maa packed all the healthy snacks she made for us both...

Maa warned me to finish those snacks as she will be sending more items giving the reason that there's much more to come in our married life and I need to stay healthy for it...and all of sudden I was turned into a newly wedded blushing bride

Even for a single second I didn't feel that they are my in laws...specially Maa...she pampered me more than my own mother who always keeps loving her Akdu son in law😏

Not even once I heard her saying to Arjun...take care of my daughter

All the time she instructs me only...even in the call she maintains the same commanding tone "Sona  take care of Arjun...and don't trouble him"😏

Little did she knows who troubles whom😏

While leaving the house I was behaving like a 5 year kid...it was quite emotional for me

And Aaru teased that I was crying like a kid who didn't want to leave her parents while going to school...

I bid bye to them and Aaru dropped me back

************************************

It was the time for my husband to retire home so I was descending the stairs to inform about the dinner menu and I saw him standing at the first step of the staircase holding the blazer in his hand...

I welcomed him with a smile and in no time he dropped the blazer and climbed up the stairs skipping the alternate steps and stood in front of me

And before I could react anything he engulfed me into a tight hug...

"Arjun lets get in the room first"

I said and he squeezed me more into him...

Getting our code language I rubbed his back and he dug his face into my neck...

I kept soothing him until he felt better...

After a while he straightened himself and lifting my hands he rested them over his cheeks and kept looking at me with some unknown fear in his eyes...

To vanish his fear I pressed my lips to his forehead for a few seconds

"Everything Ok??" I asked

"Just tired" he replied and we walked to our room

Opening his shirt button I pushed him to the bed "You need rest"

He pulled me into his lap "I need you...ONLY YOU"

And moving my blouse aside he checked the wound "It's almost healed" and left a kiss over there...

After dinner I was standing in the balcony to inhale some fresh air as my mind was still stuck at the same thought...

Shall I tell him

Or

Shall I not

But I promised Arjun that I'll tell him everything...I will not hide anything from him...

And I don't want to break my promise...

Whether he dislikes it or may get angry with me but I will tell him about today's meet up...

"Yes I'll tell him" I said this to myself and I felt a pair of strong hands snaking my waist

"And I am listening Jaana" saying he rubbed his cheek with mine

Without any delay I took a deep breath and let out in one go "I lied to you...it was not my parents whom I met today....I went to your parents house to meet them"

How will Arjun react??

Will he like it??

Was Arjun's Baba really that mistaken as Arjun thinks??

Dear readers❤

Extremely sorry for the late update

Was down with fever and a few more health issues...

Please bear with your unkind writer... her irregular updates and mistakes❤