Chapter 33

Thank you for your lovely votes and comments on the previous chapter❤️

Sonal's POV:

From the moment I spoke to Deepali...I was disturbed...I was feeling sorry for her and started feeling guilty.

Absentmindedly I was combing my hairs and jerked feeling someone's hands on my shoulder but within less than a fraction of seconds I was relaxed recognizing to whom the touch belonged...the touch of my man❤

Glancing at me through the mirror he asked

"Baat Karen??" (Shall we talk)

To which I nodded in response and dropped the comb. Holding me by my shoulder he made me sit on the bed and he too sat opposite to me.

"I spoke to Deepali yesterday night"

"Did she say anything bad or hurtful to you??"

"No...Arjun"

Taking a breath I continued

"Initially I thought it's just her attraction and she will be out of this very soon...but when I noticed her wound my mind went numb Arjun...its a deep and long cut...she is deeply hurt"

"I know Sona

" No...you don't know Arjun" I interrupted him

"People like Deepali are extremely sensitive...I have seen such patients...they acquire a depressing state of mind...they struggle with themselves to get rid of the emotions that devastate them from inside...the mental pain becomes intolerable and they do anything to make the pain disappear...they take drugs ....they take sleeping pills....and they cut themselves to make everything disappear...they literally starve themselves to  get rid off of the pain they bear...people get horrible sensations in their body that they can go to any extent and do anything to make it go away"

He was silent for a while understanding the seriousness of her condition.

"She did the same by cutting her wrist but luckily she was saved Arjun...what if...

And my hands started shivering   "no..no...I can't even imagine...nothing should happen to her Arjun"

He pulled me into his embrace and the guilt that I was holding so strong in my eyes flooded on his chest.

"Shh...Sona... it's not at all your fault...you are nowhere responsible for this...stop crying please" he consoled caressing my hairs

"She is innocent Arjun...and it's all because of us" I cried on his chest

Pulling out of the hug he cupped my face and wiped the tears with his thumbs.

"There's no need to feel guilty about yourself Sona...you are not responsible for this...and trust me...I'll sort it out very soon" he said caressing my cheeks with his thumbs.

I nodded a yes and he picked up the glass of water from the table and positioned it in front of my mouth and he made me sip a mouthful of water.

"Feeling better??"

I shook my head and he held me again by my shoulders

"Look Sona...we cannot satisfy each and every person on this earth...we cannot make happy to all the people we meet across our way in our life...if someone is happy because of me then the other one somewhere must be sad... that's natural and that's what life is....we are humans Sona...not saints or God"

I was quite not knowing what to speak

He cupped my face again "Unless and until we are not doing anything wrong to anyone...we don't need to feel guilty or get worried about it...samjhi??"