Chapter 44

Sona's POV:

Next day noon:

Arjun slept for a big 12 hours.

Neither did I try to wake him up nor to free my hand from his hold because after pouring the pain out of his heart he needed that peaceful sleep.

For the whole night sleep was snatched from my eyes. Feeling his heartbeat and caressing my baby's face and hairs I spent the whole night watching him.

Though I had many unanswered questions I was waiting for the new rising day that would bring a new ray of light into his life...our lives.

I called Rohan and informed him that Arjun won't be coming to the office and I switched off Arjun's phone as well.

It was 1 pm and finally decided to wake him up as he had not eaten anything since yesterday.

There on the bed was my baby sleeping flat on his stomach with his innocent adorable face.

Brushing off his messy hairs falling on the forehead and placing a lingering kiss over there I called him softly
"Arjun...wake up baby"

Opening his sleepy eyes he looked at me for a brief moment of time and then he rolled over and laid on his back.

"You need to freshen up"

He tried to straighten himself with the help of his palms but his body didn't help him to do so.

He was hell worn out with yesterday's outburst.

Balancing himself on his palms he tried to sit but as there was no life left in his body his palm strumbled and his body was about to fall back on the bed.

But he had me as his backbone.

Instantly I held him and helped him to sit straight.

"No need to worry...Ill never let you fall"

Mumbling this to him I began opening his shirt.

"I have placed your clothes and towel in the bathroom...take a good shower" I instructed removing the shirt from his body.

Getting out of the bed I made him stride to the bathroom and standing in front of the basin and putting my palm over his cheek I asked "Will you be able to manage??"

He nodded his head and I stepped out of the bathroom.

Post his shower he came out wearing the white t-shirt and black track pant and sat on the edge of the bed.

I asked him to crawl to the headboard and placing a pillow at his back I made him settle down properly with his legs flatten on the bed.

His face was extremely pale...eyes were red with dark circles under them. His hairs were messy as he didn't comb.

I set his hairs with my fingers and kissed the crown of his head.

Meanwhile, Madhavi Didi entered with a tray of food that I made for him and passing the tray to me she left the room.

I fed food to my baby and he kept watching all my actions silently.

Next, it was the time to speak his heart out.

I held his hands in mine and spoke

"Yesterday you cried till no more tears were left...now it's time to speak your heart out...speak up everything that is haunting you Arjun...and there's no need of getting scared of anything... I am right here to hold you"

He looked at me for a momentary period of time and then taking a deep breath he started up speaking

"It all happened when I was 5. We were a family of three Maa Baba and Arjun. I was always proud that the three of us shared the same initials Arun Arundhati and Arjun.