A woman came out of the kitchen and greeted me by joining her hands with a smile....I greeted her in the same way and entered the kitchen with Aaru

There was a lady back facing us involved so much in her cooking that she didn't even notice our presence...

"I am back...Mother India" Aaru called her and she turned showing the spatula in her hand  "Shaitaan...how many tim

Her words stuck in her throat when her eyes caught the sight of me and immediately those were brimmed up with tears...

Dropping the spatula on the kitchen slab she came close to me while her tears were rolling down the cheeks freely...

She moved her fingers lovingly over my face and hair and kissing both my cheeks she pulled me into a warm hug while I said "Maa...please don't cry"

She backed off the hug and asked "How is he??"

Wiping her tears I replied "Absolutely fine"

While Aaru pulled her into a side hug and said "Maa your dam is overflowing now...so better shut the gates immediately or else you know me"

And finally, she smiled while Aaru taunted "Bhabhi...I guarantee you that today you will gain a minimum 2kg"

"I guess 5 will be much better" saying she stuffed my mouth with the kheer and added further "Be happy my babies"

Aaru left to his room to change into his shorts and t-shirts and Maa took me to Baba's room

Sitting on the bed Baba was going through some files while Maa spoke "Your daughter has come"

He looked in the direction of the door where I was standing and I saw the old version of my husband...

The last time when I had a glimpse of Baba  I could not recognise much

Arjun is the exact replica of his father...the same face cut...the same shiny black eyes...the same bright smile

I walked in and stood near the bed while he removed his glasses and with the same bright smile he extended both his hands to me

Placing my hand in his I settled opposite to him on the bed...

As my hands were still in his Baba said looking at me "You were a 6months baby when I held you in my hands for the first time...and now as you are grown up I can do only this" saying he held my face between his big yet warm palms and bending my face close to his lips he pecked my forehead...

The touch was really warm and blissful...

While we both were cherishing the moment Maa announced "I'll look after the lunch preparation" and left the room...

"He was so happy right??" Baba asked

"More than anything" I replied and questioned further as I knew Baba was not well for the past few days.. "Baba...why are you so worried??....Is there something that's bothering you??"

"Nothing serious bacche... and why will I be worried ha??...my kids are happy so ultimately I am happiest too"

"Don't lie Baba...if you are not worried then you wouldn't have told me not to let Arjun know about our meet up" I argued for which Baba breathed in and out

"I am an old man bacche...I have no strength left in me now...as my end is near I don't know how many days I'll be alive...So before I bid bye to you all I need to fulfil my responsibility"

His voice was weak and my eyes started pouring badly...

The word Baba is my most sensitive nerve...