eight

Everyone gathered together for breakfast, you took a small plate for your self, listening in to the chatter around you. Not that any of it was interesting.

"Where's Bakugou?" Kirishima asked the group, well, the ones who were listening.

"I think he's in his room, he didn't come down for dinner either. Maybe something happened?" Momo replied.

"And no one went to check on him? Who was the last person to see him?" Kirishima asked and they all went quiet. Mina looked over to you.

"Wasn't it Y/n?"

You licked the spoon coated in yogurt, "We were studying for the project together last night."

"And?" Denki butted in.

"And?"

"And was he okay?" Kirishima said.

Everyone was making a fuss over nothing, their faces almost displayed anger. They didn't know you yet, nor trust you, so they were unsure whether you were the type of person to do something like this.

Without saying anything else to the group, you grabbed a plate with some toast on and stormed off to his room. This food better make him get over it.

After knocking twice, there was still silence. So you knocked again, and still, silence. Pushing the handle down, you were surprised to find it unlocked, he probably forgot to lock it after you left yesterday.

You entered to see him sleeping on top of his duvet with one arm off the bed holding onto something you couldn't see from this distance. Approaching him quietly, you put the plate on his bedside table and noticed he was holding a the All Might figure you had seen a few days ago.

Maybe you did go too far.

Something you never thought you would think.

When your eyes moved up from the figurine in his hand up to him, he was already looking back at you.

"Oh, you're awake."

"What are you doing in my room? What time is it?" his voice was sleepy, his eyes half closed and slightly red.

"I think it's 10am."

"Okay but you didn't answer my second question." he said, sitting up and rubbing his eyes.

"You mean your first question?" You almost chuckled at how different he was right now, all slow and sluggish.

"Whatever."

"I'm here because.."

Why were you here? Why should you care if you pushed him too far?

"I'm here because the others were worried."

"So you brought me toast?" he said looking at the plate then down at his hand, only now realising he was holding the toy his mother had got him. His eyes widened in embarrassment and he quickly chucked it to the pile of clothes on the other side of the room.

"I saw that." You said with a smug smile.

"Shut up. Don't tell anyone." He said grabbing the plate and taking a bite of the unbuttered toast. You got up and sat down at the edge of his mattress, preparing yourself yourself for what you were about to say.

"I'm sorry if I intruded yesterday."

He swallowed his food, "I don't care."

You nodded and fiddled with the soft duvet. He watched you, thinking about why you were acting so weird.

"Thanks for the toast." He muttered, feeling that if you put down your walls to apologise, he at least owed you some sort of appreciation.

"I'll go know." you said getting up and walking over to the door slowly enough to hear if he had anything else to say.

"Alright, see you later." He said after a moment, and you paused at his door and turned to face him.

"Yeah, see you later."

*・゜゚・*:.。.:*:.。.:*・゜゚・*

You stared at the phone screen, the name All for One in the centre of it. He had finally responded to your text saying explaining the trip.

- Great news, I will start planning with the others. Make me proud, angel.

A smile on your face grew as you reread the words. Longing to be good enough for Him.

Maybe you weren't good enough for your real parents, maybe that's why they died, you can't even remember how it went. A loud noise, red liquid, glass everywhere. The thought of it made your head pound.

But He saved you, he taught you that weakness will end you and that there is no fairness in this world apart from the fairness you create.

"You killed them." He whispered.

"They hated you so much that they killed them self."

"You are a weapon with no soul." on repeat.

The evenings you would spend together, He taught you. He saved you. The scars that spread along your back - He would give you a new one every birthday. The gift of strength, He desensitised you to everything, you're a lucky girl, He told you.

"It's just tough love, angel, don't cry so much."

All of it, the years mental and physical torture, it replays every night when you shut your eyes.

"Don't be so weak, break it."

He watched you dismantle your own hand, another training exercise. But you would do anything He asked of you just to make Him proud of you for at least one moment.