Some Things Never Change

You and Raph are in denial.

(Requested by mgmendez2305)

-

"He's just a friend," you repeat to yourself as your hands guided the fabric under the needle of your sewing machine.

You were hoping that you could somehow hypnotize yourself into believing it if you said it enough times.

Suddenly, your phone buzzes, breaking you from your spell. You glimpse at the screen to see a text from Raph, which causes the fabric to build up. You gasp and stop the machine.

You sigh.

How did a simple favour turn into another one of your projects?

You lift to inspect the black sleeveless zipper-up with red-lined pockets and a pair of cat ears on the hood, a stark contrast from the initial plain black pullover.

All Raph requested was to have the holes of his old ruddy hoodie sewn, but you went overboard and made it into something entirely new! If he sees this, he's going to suspect something for sure.

Your phone vibrates again, and your mood quickly brightens when you remember that Raph texted you.

Now giddy, you rush to check your messages.

Hey gorgeous ;)
Wanna go out sometime?

Your hands tremble. You couldn't believe what was happening. Had all those months of trying to win his affections finally pay off?

~

"When I get my phone back, I swear—!" Raph growls.

Raph has been chasing the guys for the past couple of minutes after catching them texting you on his phone. At some point, someone must've hit the call button without knowing because your voice interrupts their fight.

"Hello...? Raph? Is everything alright?"

Everyone freezes in place. Raph yanks the phone out of their grasp.

"Hey, you!" Raph greets you in a friendly tone. "Yeah, everything's fine!"

"Alright… I saw your texts—"

"Sorry, my brothers stole my phone, so those are probably from them."

"Oh, I see..." you respond with a hint of disappointment.

"Anyways, how's it going? What are you up to right now?" Raph asks.

"Just working on your hoodie."

"Ooo! Is it done?"

"Almost. I should have it done by the end of the day."

"Great! I'll drop by later. You up for pizza? It's the least I can do to thank you."

His brothers, overhearing this, start smirking at one another and making kissy faces at Raph, who was too busy shooing them away to feel embarrassed.

"Pizza sounds good. I'll see you then!"

With that, Raph hangs up the phone and breathes a sigh of relief.

"Nice move, bro," Leo congratulates with a pat on his big brother's shoulder.