Bathroom time

"Good morning everyone," Penny said as her mum came out of the house and was able to relax a little. She was all Larks first thing in the morning and by now everyone had managed to figure out why. While Bolt, Mittens and Rhino were watching the show the girl was preparing breakfast for herself and at the same time looking through something on her phone she giggled every now and then.

"Ah, I can't stand it! You already know why that boy annoys me so much?" asked Bolt when he heard his lady laughing quietly every few moments writing back probably for Lucas.

"Hm... You look like you're... Jealous" replied Mittens thoughtfully.

"Because I am! I mean... I just find him annoying... Just" replied Bolt with a sigh. Mittens didn't answer anything, She smiled delicately when Bolt wasn't looking at her.

"'So Bolt is jealous... 'Interesting' thought Mittens staring at Bolt.

"Ekh... Come on Bolt, that boy can't be that bad..." said Rhino seeing that Mittens hung her gaze on the dog.

"Oh believe me he is" replied Bolt.

"What did he do to you?" asked Rhino.

"Well... Ekhm... He just annoys me, I beg you let's not talk about him anymore, let's focus on something else..."

"Bolt, come here!" came Penny's voice from the kitchen. Bolt rose from the couch like lightning and began to overhear his name. When Penny repeated the call, Bolt got off the couch and, wondering why she was calling him, Penny went into the kitchen.

"I wonder why she's calling me" thought the dog as he walked to the kitchen.

"Here you are my good boy" said Penny in a sweet voice, causing Bolt to be greatly surprised. After what he had done yesterday he had not expected to be called a good boy (which he loved very much) within a dozen weeks and here suddenly the day after the disaster he was called that!

"He? Something strange..." thought Bolt as the girl delicately stroked his soft, snow-white fur.

"You did a stupid thing yesterday, but you already know it's wrong, don't you? And I also thought about my behavior last night, I actually treated you a little too harshly, I'm sorry. Today don't do anything stupid, you will be rewarded. I promise." said Penny, which surprised Bolt even more

" wow, what's going on? Not only does she forgive me for my big stupidity yesterday, she also calls me her good boy, apologizes and has some kind of surprise? Penny must be in a really good mood!" reckoned Bolt in his head as he walked back to his friends, who were already curious about what Penny was talking about.

" What did Penny want? " asked the hamster as Bolt sat down beside him on the sofa.

" Penny... She must be in a really good mood "

" Why? "

" She forgave me for my stupidity yesterday, she apologized to me although I don't know for what, and she promised me some surprise!" replied Bolt saying this showed how surprised he was.

"You see, Penny gave you a second chance, you too give one for Lucas and it will be fine" added Mittens listening to the dog.

"Well... I'll try, but I don't know if it will be that easy" replied Bolt thoughtfully. Lucas was somewhat of an adversary to Bolt, as he was the main reason why he didn't spend time with the girl so often. Mittens was well aware of this, so she knew this was going to be a very tough nut to crack.

"It's only one noon," said Mittens seeing the dog's blurred face. He was still trying to convince himself to give the boy a second chance.

"What's wrong with you Bolt. Think of a surprise! Maybe it's some long trip just think: just you and Penny, the way it was before! You loved it!" added Rhino.

"Wow, Rhino said something clever again! Amazing" thought Mittens hearing the hamster's words.

"You know what... This is going to be hard, very hard for me, but I think you guys are right. I have to at least try to do it" decided Bolt after a moment's consideration.

"And that's the right attitude! As long as you don't do anything stupid again and you'll be fine" said Mittens.

"Yeah... I hope so too" replied Bolt.

"It's 9 a.m. Hm... Ok since he'll be arriving at 12, I'll make time to clean and wash Bolt" thought Penny as she planned what she would do until Lucas arrived.

"Bolt!" the girl called out, then a few moments later the dog was standing next to her leg.

"Come on Bolt upstairs, we'll go wash you" the girl communicated getting up from the table as Bolt started to retreat behind the wall.

"No, no! As long as it's not a bath!" thought Bolt hoping the girl would let go. Bolt really disliked having water in large quantities fall on his sensitive fur. He was washed often by the make-up artists when he was dirty from dusting and by Penny, but by her less often because he was often on the set. Now that he was not on the set Penny had to wash him more often, and since a special guest was to arrive this chore had to be done.

"Bolt, don't let yourself be asked! Remember the surprise I promised," the girl added, seeing that the dog didn't really want to approach her. When he heard these words, however, he decided to agree to take a bath.

"What surprise? I am very curious about it..." thought Bolt when the girl took him in her arms.

"Boy, how heavy you are! I remember when you were little. You were as light as a feather! Ah, the good old days!"

"Yes, the old ... Good times," repeated Bolt.

When they reached the bathroom, which was on the first floor, Penny set Bolt down on the floor and turned on the hot water tap and the cold water tap a little to get the perfect temperature. When she had poured the right amount of water and decided that the water temperature was just right, she called out to Bolt, who secretly already wanted to leave the bathroom.

"Come in Bolt, be my good boy" said the girl. Bolt couldn't help but agree when she said the phrase "Good boy". He really liked it when she directed those words at him. Slowly and unconvincingly he dipped his front right paw first to see the temperature of the water.

"The temperature is fine Bolt. Don't be afraid," the girl communicated. And indeed it was. Penny had really made sure that the water was at the perfect temperature. Once Bolt was all in the tub, the girl started pouring water over his body and scrubbing all his fur to get rid of any dirt from his fur and body.

"Believe me, it may not be the most pleasant thing for you, but you look stunning after a bath" Penny said as she scrubbed his body. Bolt tried to stand still the whole time, but in truth he would have loved to run out of that tub.

After fifteen minutes of washing Bolt, the dog was ready AND all wet, but the girl smiled seeing Bolt which surprised the dog.

"Relax Bolt, nothing happened. You just look funny with your wet fur" the girl remarked. She took out a hair dryer from the wardrobe and started drying his fur.