Talk

"Hi you guys, I'm back!" exclaimed Penny's mum as she put all the items she had on the shelf so she could comfortably remove her leather shoes. Her bags were filled with shopping so some of it had to remain on the floor.

"Hi mum" came Penny's voice from the kitchen. The girl was already preparing the cutlery for the dinner that was already coming. The woman, after taking off her shoes and jacket, took the bags she had put on the dresser earlier, then started packing the food in the fridge along with her daughter's help.

"Penny's mother has arrived. She'll probably put something on for us to eat in a while" Mittens communicated as she heard noises coming from the ground floor. She started walking towards the slightly ajar door along with Rhino. She stopped at the door when she noticed that Bolt didn't even feel like getting out of bed. He had sunk his face into the white cloth AND was lying still.

"Aren't you coming Lightning?" asked Rhino.

"Me? No... Go alone, I need to be alone for a while" replied Bolt again hiding his face in the mattress of the bed.

"Why don't you go..."

"I say no then no!" growled Bolt finally lifting his muzzle violently upwards. Mittens AND Rhino looked at each other with surprised eyes giving each other surprised faces. Their friend had never spoken to them like that. He never raised his voice, especially not in such a, vicious, aggressive way.

" Come on Rhino, let's go" said the cat opening the door wider leaving the room.

"If you want to talk, remember we're here..." said Hamster expecting an answer, which he did not receive however.

Hamster stayed for a few moments, but seeing that the dog had no desire to rise he followed his friend.

"And where is Bolt?" asked Penny's mother when she noticed that the dog was not with them.

"He's upstairs in my room," replied Penny reaching for her mobile phone from which the notification signal came.

"You've been reaching for that mobile phone a lot lately" the woman remarked.

"Yeah, you know, I've become friends with Lucas myself and..."

"I see you two like each other a lot."

"Yes! I mean... What's the difference anyway? I don't want to live the show all the time, I want a real life"

"I know daughter, I'm not saying it's a bad thing. I'm just wondering why you don't spend so much time with Bolt anymore. You used to want to spend every second with him."

"Uh... Mum... He's just a dog... I mean, you know, I like Bolt, he's my dog, but it's nice to talk to someone who can answer to you."

Penny's mum was heavily surprised by her daughter's words. Lightning used to be an inseparable part of Penny's person, but now he's almost a mere pet that only serves as comfort.

" This Lucas has turned your head hard Penny. Maybe it's a good idea not to forget about Bolt after all. And remember, you don't really know this boy. You never know..."

"I know mum, until I get to know the other person I can't trust him one hundred percent."

"Exactly. Listen, I have to go get some sleep, I'm leaving tomorrow morning and I'm so tired..." said the woman in a sleepy voice, heading towards the stairs leading upstairs.

"Mum?" the girl stopped her mother, who calmly stopped and turned around.

"Yes?"

"Since you say I should get to know Lucas better, may I invite him to join us?"