Relax

When the red car pulled up in front of the house, Mittens and Rhino were standing at the windows unable to wait for Bolt to get up in the doorway. They were very much looking forward to this moment. They themselves were heavily in shock when they heard from Penny that Bolt had had an accident and was in hospital. It gave them no peace, until, that is, the front door had just opened and in it stood Bolt.

"Bolt!" shouted the hamster running towards him. He snuggled into his snowy fur so hard that he almost knocked the dog over!

"Hehe, hi Rhino, I missed you too" laughed Bolt trying to walk on with the hamster attached to his leg.

"Good to have you back " said Mittens with a warm smile. Bolt reciprocated the smile, then shook the hamster off his paw.

"Rhino was so scared he didn't sleep through the night," he added.

"Hey, the fact that I couldn't sleep isn't funny!" replied the hamster defending himself against the cat's accusations.

"The most important thing is that everything is alright now...mmm, what is that smell anyway?" asked Bolt smelling with his sensitive nose the delicious scent of a delicious meal. It was probably some good food that Penny always gave for him. In the hospital he used to get some kind of mixed food without any aftertaste that he could barely swallow. It had been a long time since Bolt had something good in his mouth and he was glad to be able to taste home-made delicacies again. He headed for the kitchen, where a bowl full of good food was waiting for him, Bolt was immediately glad, finally he could eat something decent and tasty at the same time. When he tasted his meaty meal, the strong and aromatic taste of meat that was almost undetectable in the food he got in the hospital immediately came to his taste buds.

"Eat Bolt, eat. You couldn't eat meals like this in the hospital" Penny said as she sat at the table. She was by his side the whole time, she didn't even have her phone with her. She kept her focus on Bolt the whole time and to be honest it didn't bother her. She enjoyed every moment she spent with Bolt. When Bolt had finished eating he returned to his friends who were waiting for him on the couch. With slight difficulty he climbed onto the couch laying down next to Mittens.

"Ah...I haven't laid on such a comfortable couch in a long time" groaned Bolt from the pleasure he felt when he felt the soft material of the couch. The hospital bed compared to this couch was quite hard and uncomfortable to use.

"Get some rest Bolt, today Penny won't be pestering you to play with you" said Rhino seeing the dog stretch out on the couch.

"You know, actually I would even go for a run, but my left hind paw still hurts...at all , hey! I haven't seen this episode," remarked Bolt when he noticed Bolt a new episode of his show he was starring in.

"You know, when you were sick and lying in hospital they had to get someone to replace you and Penny was filming scenes with a replacement dog" explained Mittens.

"Yeah...that makes sense" replied Bolt calmly as he watched the episode of the show unfold. He wasn't exactly thrilled that Penny was filming scenes with another dog, but he knew it was the right thing to do and he couldn't hold a grudge against the girl.

"That dog doesn't give back teaching like I do..." thought Bolt as he watched Penny running away from the evil doctor...

A few hours later

It was getting late in the evening when Penny, after reading the script for the next episode with Bolt (here again they were both back to their duties, studying the episode for the series), decided that it would be a good idea to take a relaxing bath after this long but joyful day.

"Will you wait here Bolt? I have to do the evening toilet...you know what I mean, I'll be back in a few minutes " Penny said taking a couple of towels from her dresser and then left her room. Bolt when he was alone spread out casually on the girl's bed relaxing on that incredibly soft mattress.

"How long has it been since I felt so good...mmm" groaned Bolt straightening up on the bed. He was enjoying and relaxing this moment, which was interrupted moments later by Mittens and Rhino entering the room. They both disappeared for some time, Bolt could see them through the window in Penny's room, they sat on the steps outside the house most of the time.

"What were you two talking about ?" Bolt asked with his eyes closed as he heard familiar whispers approaching him.

"Well, nothing important...right Rhino?" asked Mittens.

"Yes, yes...nothing important " replied Rhino slightly confused, as if he didn't know what to say. If Bolt had been in a worse mood he probably would have pointed it out, but he was so cheerful and happy today...anyway it was hard not to wonder, after all he had Penny all to himself again.

"How are you feeling ?" asked Mittens thoughtfully.

"I feel great...I haven't felt this good in a long time," replied Bolt rolling over onto his paws to make eye contact with his friends. He didn't even bother with his slightly sore back paw.

"Lie down, don't be scared."

"No thanks, we're just here for a moment to see if you're okay " replied Mittens declining the invitation.

"What would be out of order ?" asked Bolt curiously.

"Well, I don't know if you remember, but you didn't have the best associations about Lucas..."

"Yeah, I know. And I thought about it all in the hospital, I have to accept him. It doesn't matter if he likes me or not, I have to do it, for Penny. When she's happy then so am I " replied Bolt with seriousness.

"Wow, I can see that the hospital stay did you good. I'm glad you thought it through " replied Mittens with admiration. She honestly didn't expect Bolt to grow out of it so quickly . It was a really nice surprise for her and for Rhin. Soon the door from the bathroom opened and a girl with her hair wrapped in a towel came out of the room.

"Okay, it's time for us, good night Bolt and remember one thing..."

"Hm? About what?" asked Bolt .

"Your birthday is in a week after all ! " said Rhino almost shouting, which amused Bolt who laughed briefly.

"Ah, yes I know I know haha"

"Remember this , it's your day and then we'll tell you something " added Mittens this made Bolt curious .

"What will you say ?"

"You'll find out on your birthday... good night," replied Mittens, and then she and Rhino left the room, eluding Penny in the corridor. The girl , when she entered the room immediately took the towel off her head, then lay down on the bed. It was quite chilly, so she covered herself with a quilt. Bolt was about to get off the bed when Penny grabbed him by the tail.

"Don't go away, come here," Penny said. Bolt walked slowly over to Penny, who grabbed him and hugged him close, smiling and giggling.

"I've missed this so much,really! Good night Doggie" Penny said

kissing Bolt on the nose. Moments later they both fell asleep.