Surprise

Penny, when the door was opened, immediately when she saw her dog ran up to him to greet him. She put her arms around his snow-white muzzle and stroked him on the top of his head as probably never before. Bolt didn't seem to mind, quite the opposite. He was glad that Penny had reacted so strongly to seeing him again.

"Hi Bolt! And how did you miss it?" the girl asked looking into Bolt's satisfied eyes. He barked joyfully and waved his head affirmatively. All this was watched by Rhino and Mittens. They were both lying on the couch next to each other.

"Oh, how good it is that Penny missed Bolt so much, think what would have happened if she hadn't!" said Rhino seeing Penny cuddling her dog. However, Mittens, despite what she saw, was not sure that was why she was so happy. Therefore, she did not speak until Rhino directly addressed her.

" Hello, are you alive? " asked Rhino seeing the stony expression on Mittens' face.

" I don't know, but something makes me think that she is not so happy because she sees Bolt again " said the she-cat quietly so the dog wouldn't hear it.

" What are you talking about? Can't you hear what he is saying? " asked the hamster.

" Yes, I can hear. But if she went on some kind of date with her boyfriend, and she is so happy then I think she had a great time there " presented her thoughts Mittens watching Penny's every move. Her attention was particularly drawn to the girl's flushed cheeks.

"'Let's hope I'm wrong' thought Mittens. When Bolt looked at them, they smiled warmly at him with greetings.

"It's raining outside, but that's okay. I'll get something to eat and we can play" Penny communicated, then went to the bathroom to wash her hands.

Half an hour later

When Penny had eaten her snack, she could (as she had promised) play with Bolt. Unfortunately it was still raining, despite Penny's hope that it would stop raining and they could go outside to run, the opposite happened. The rain intensified, moreover, somewhere in the distance it started to thunder.

"You're not afraid of thunderstorms, are you Bolt?" asked Penny seeing how Bolt reacted to each thunder with a violent movement of his body. He waved his head negatively so as not to come off as a coward, but in truth he was stifling a slightly accompanying fear. As it thundered, Penny darted from her room, through the corridor on the first floor (where the room was) , to the end of the corridor, on the other side. Thanks to Bolt's very good reflexes and eyesight, the dog caught the ball in his mouth every time, no matter if the ball was flying too high or too low. Mittens and Rhino watched them play from Penny's bed. Although they could have joined in their fun together, they preferred to watch them play. They were already exhausted from playing, after all, they had practically been running around the house for half the day like never before. They could do whatever they wanted, which they took advantage of.

"It's a good thing we cleaned everything up, it would have been quite a mess if they saw all that mess" Mittens remarked as she lay next to Rhino.

"Yeah... In general, are you still sure about your words?" asked Rhino recalling her friend's earlier words.

"Concerning Penny?"

"Mhm"

"I'm not sure, I want it to be a lie... But my intuition tells me so. Anyway, let's not talk about things we can't change anyway. We can only observe what will happen next" Mittens finished with a yawn. This answer did not satisfy the hamster completely, but he knew that Mittens was right. There is nothing they can do, they can only observe the course of further events. Bolt, after throwing the ball one last time, returned with it to his owner. She embraced him and whispered:" My little boy ".

Meanwhile, Penny's mother had to deal with the paperwork when it came to Penny's career. Since the agent had been fired, she had had to go through all sorts of contracts and documents herself. She did this in the living room because there was the most space to analyze the dozen or so sheets of paper she had to read from beginning to end, being careful not to miss any important detail. Each card had a handful of valuable information in it, which it would be better not to miss. From all those texts she finally started to get a headache.

" Maybe firing Mick wasn't such a good idea as it might seem" the woman sighed as she looked through the pages at random. From the migraine everything started to blend together and it got to the point where she couldn't understand the content of the text printed on the card.

"I can't handle this alone... I have to look for someone who is familiar with it. Tomorrow I'll try to look for an agent... And then we'll see," thought the woman as she carefully stacked the pages together. Once she had done that, she put them stacked in a folder, then put the folder back in the drawer.

Meanwhile, Bolt and Penny felt a little tired of playing with the ball, so they decided to do something else.

"Too bad it's raining..." sighed Penny looking in the window. The rain cloud didn't even think to disappear, still grey, angry it hung in the sky letting its rainfall down on the ground.

Suddenly a phone ringing sounded on the shelf. It was Penny's phone.

" Oh, it must be Lucas" the girl said excitedly immediately taking her gaze away from the window. Bolt was surprised to see Penny approaching the phone with such enthusiasm. Usually the girl was reluctant to reach for it, it was usually the case that she didn't even want to pull it out. Now it was different. She immediately walked over to the desk where the phone lay, and then something must have made her laugh, because she began to laugh modestly.

"He's so funny..." said Penny writing back the message she had just received. Bolt, in an attempt to get her attention, walked over to Penny and started poking her gently on the leg. The girl took notice after a few seconds and then sank to her knees to her dog.

"I have great news Bolt," began Penny excitedly, which lifted the dog's spirits.

"Are we going somewhere tomorrow? Some kind of longer walk? Or maybe a new toy? Any of these options would be good!" began Bolt pondering. Although he had quite a few toys, he always didn't complain when he got an even newer one, thus increasing his collection. When Penny said she had great news it was always about a new toy or a longer walk, which Bolt loved. The peace, the quiet, And the long miles spent solely with his owner. This was something Bolt liked the most. That was when he felt the most that he and the girl lived in their own little world, where no one had the right to interfere. In that little world they were both happy.

"We're going to Lucas tomorrow, both of us!" said Penny, at which Bolt was stunned.