Chapter 4 -- Busy

Start from the beginning

The finally both realised the position they were in and looked into eachother's eyes. Enzo leaned down a little and Caroline went closer to him until they kissed eachother. It was careful and calm. And when they parted they just smiled softly at eachother. A blush on each of their faces. Caroline leaned to his ear.
"We should probably go out and do everything we need." She whispered to him. Her breath against his ear sent shivers down his spine and he nodded to her. They moved out of their position, got everything they needed and headed out.

When they got to the hospital Enzo and Caroline snuck into the main hospital which was past the waiting area. The entered a room with only one doctor in it.
"What are yo-." The doctor starts but Enzo cuts in.
"You're going to fill this backpack with blood bags of common blood-types without anyone knowing or alerting anyone in anyway. Then you're going to come back here, give them back to us and forget everything that happened." After Enzo finished Caroline gave the doctor the bag and the waited for 10 minutes. Finally the doctor got back and they snuck out again. They then put the blood bags in a cooler the had in Caroline's car and proceeded to go to the bank.

Enzo looked into the eyes of the sales assistant and said
"We need to see the boss can you can you take us?"
"Yes of course sir, ma'am." The then took them upstairs and left them by the bosses assistant.
"Can you tell your boss we need to talk to them?" Enzo asked again.
"Of course I'll do so right now." She then pressed the button on her phone and said, "Sir you have a meeting with a client right now."
The response they heard was, "Of course send them in now please." The man on the other end seemed pretty happy.

Enzo and Caroline walked in and went to the Boss' desk.
"How may I help you two?" The boss asked with a smile.
"Say hello." Enzo said. The Boss responded back to him robotically saying hello.
"Make an account and put as much money as we want in it. Don't tell anyone, don't alert anyone and just listen to everything we say." Enzo told the man. The boss asked how much do you need. Enzo then looked at Caroline. Taking into account daily essentials, clothes, bills and so on Caroline decided on around $3500 a month but an extra $2000 this month just to kit it out.

The account was made and the Boss was compelled to leave the account alone unless they asked for a change or if he was putting the money for the month it.

Caroline and Enzo the went to where the apartments were and luckily there were two for sale. They went called the owner of the building to ask and they were definitely available so they set up a meeting so the could look at them.

They were both nice 2 bedroom apartments they were numbers 6 and 14. They decided on 6 because the sun would rise through the bigger bedroom window and less stairs if the elevator was out of business. They set up a contract for rent and it came to around $900 a month because of the location and demand as it was one of 2 apartment buildings in mystic falls.

They signed it. Enzo compelled the man to not question why Caroline's name went on it as it would be a vampire proof home if she was on the contract.

After all of that they still needed to put furniture in the house (it came as a mostly blank slate-had an oven and fridge) so they went to the department store. They got a double bed, two night stands, a lamp, mirror, dresser, couch, mattress, pillow, blankets, coverings for all of them and everything else they would need. One notable object would be a blender.

They packed it all up and took them to the apartment.

"I was right Caroline I won't be home tonight. Make sure you stay safe." Liz said as Caroline answered the phone.
"Don't worry mum. I'm staying at a friend's house for a sleepover so I'll be fine. Take care of yourself." She responded.
"Okay honey. See you later. Bye." And with that Liz hung up. Caroline helped Enzo get all the stuff inside and then they went to the store to buy food. Enzo-having been locked up for quite a long time-hasn't had his taste of modern day food so Caroline went with him so they could see what he liked.

The first section they went to was the fruit and vegetable section.
"En, we're going to make sure you have a balanced diet of food. It's always good to stay healthy in a healthy way. I'm here to help with that." Enzo just nodded at what Caroline said and followed her.
"We aren't buying bread from the store because for some reason it's sweet. And we're not buying sliced cheese because it's like 4% actual cheese I swear." Caroline just talks more as the go around and she picks things up. Enzo just looked at her with a smile on his face, watching her and commenting in some points of the conversation.

Next they needed to get him some clothes because he couldn't just keep borrowing her dad's old ones. They went into the clothes store, everything was pretty cheap and looked comfortable. Caroline grabbed a shirt to compare it to his size and decided on what size he was and used that to determine. She got him a few different styles and she did the same with the rest of his clothes getting some trousers, sweatpants, hoodies, jackets, underwear ext. He even go some new shoes. They went to the counter and paid for the stuff before leaving to go to the apartment.

Caroline took Enzo back to his new place and they put all the food, clothes and other products away. Then they unpacked the plates, bowls, glasses, mugs and cutlery away in the cupboards and draws. There were about four of each meaning there were two whole sets of everything for each of them. Caroline put the kettle, she happily managed to find, and the blender on the kitchen counter.

They set up all of the furniture and then sat down on the couch next to eachother. Caroline relaxed and snuggled herself into Enzo's arms. Enzo leaned back onto the arm rest pulling her into a hug.
"This place is pretty nice." Caroline said nuzzling into his chest.
"Why do you think we're this close already Enzo?"
"I don't know Angel but I like it."
"Me too." She sighed contentedly.

After a few minutes Caroline finally spoke.
"Do you want something to eat?" Caroline asked Enzo.
"Yeah. I'm hungry and thirsty." Enzo replied to her. She nodded and got up making Enzo whine.
"Angel I'm cold." She chuckled as the man and dragged him with her to the kitchen.

"I'm going to show you why I was adamant on getting the blender." She said to him making Enzo laugh softly. Caroline took some berries, some milk and some blood out of the fridge and took some vanilla ice cream out of the freezer. She opened the blender and put in the ice cream, milk and berries and the blended it. She got two glasses from the cupboard and poured some of the mixture into one of them. She then poured some of the blood into the blender, closed the bag, then blended that and put it in the other glass. She gave him the glass with the blood and took the regular one for herself.

Enzo tried it and his eyes widened a little.
"Why is that so good?" He asked.
"Because I made it of course." She said jokingly. Once they finished the smoothies Enzo had some on the side of his mouth so she cleaned it with her thumb. It had blood in it so she wasn't going to lick it off, so she let Enzo lick it off her thumb instead.
"Okay we need to have some real food." She ended up just making an easy rice dish so they could go to bed.

When they got into the bedroom she patted the space next to her.
"Try to sleep in the bed tonight." Caroline asked him and he lay down and imediately relaxed and lay in the bed. She lay down next to him and they went to bed.