"I'm not afraid to hit an old man" (Avengers 2012)

Start from the beginning

"Because of him," Nick simply points at Thor.

Thor was stunned, "Me?"

"Last year earth had a visitor from another planet who had a grudge match that leveled a small town. We learned that not only are we not alone, but we are hopelessly, hilariously, outgunned," Nick began his explanation as he and Ghost remained in a heated staring contest.

"My people want nothing but peace with your planet," Thor quickly tries to reason.

Nick finally looks to Thor now, "But you're not the only people out there, are you? And, you're not the only threat. The world's filling up with people who can't be matched, they can't be controlled."

"Like how our organizations tried to control the Tesseract?" Ghost shook his head, "Goddamit, Nicholas...you were one of the first people I trusted when I left my life behind. I thought you of all people would know just how dangerous it was. How many have died in this quest for power now?"

Nick looks down in shame and closes his one good eye.

"Your work with the Tesseract is what drew Loki to it, and his allies. It is the signal to all the realms that the Earth is ready for a higher form of war," Thor now decides to defend himself.

"A higher form?" Steve asks, not liking the sound of that.

"You forced our hand. We had to come up with something," Nick also tries to defend himself.

"Nuclear deterrent. 'Cause that always calms everything right down," Stark simply had his arms folded.

"Remind me again how you made your fortune, Stark?" Nick was now fighting a war of words.

"Look, i'm sure if Stark still made--" Steve begins only to be cut off by Tony.

"Wait! Wait! Hold on! How did this become about me?" Stark gestures to himself.

Steve scoffs, "Oh, I'm sorry, isn't everything?"

Thor simply shakes his head, "I thought humans were more evolved than this--"

"Excuse me, did we come to your planet and blow stuff up?" Nick took offense.

"Did you always give your champions such mistrust--" Thor begins only to be cut off by Natasha.

"Are you really that naive? We're not champions. S.H.I.E.L.D just monitors potential threats and puts them on a watch list--"

"Wait, watch list, you've got Captain America on a watchlist?!" Bruce asks, perplexed.

Shadow is simply seen looking up to the ceiling with this hands clasped as he enjoys the arguments taking place, "Thank you...so much...I've never been this entertained in my entire life."

As the "team" argues back and forth, they don't realize the BLUE GEM on Loki's scepter is glowing brightly...

Well...

All besides Ghost, whom feels a sudden invisible force pulling him in, he clasps his eyes shut for a moment and clenches his jaw as he hears the giggles of a child for some reason...

...

Outside the Helicarrier, a lone carrier slowly hovers over the ship.

"661 Bravo, please relay your pass code. What is your hull, over?" a voice sounds over the comms.

"Arms to ammunition, over," Barton's voice is heard from the carrier's comms.

Inside, Barton and his crew suit up and arm themselves. Barton pulls out his hi-tech bow and arrows.