Chapter 10: You What?

I bumped into Matt as I was leaving. "I have something to tell you" his breathing was heavy.

I adjusted my towel and looked down at my feet. "Can this wait?" "I mean it can" he lifted my face, his finger placed gently under my chin and pushed up. "But I've waited long enough" he bit his lip nervously and leaned into me successfully grabbing my lips with his. At first mine agreed and moved willingly with his but I soon pulled away. "Roni I really like you. I've had a crush on you ever since you came here three years ago" He told me truthfully.

I shook my head and walked past him to get my clothes spread across my bed. "Matt I like you but not like that" I didn't look at him while saying that. I walked past him to go to the bathroom but was yanked back by Matt. "Matt let me go" I gritted. He did and stepped back looking defeated.

"See I knew it. You fucking whore. I saw you kiss the boss that one night. He kicked his wife out for cheating while all the long it was really him cheating" he smirked and shoot his head. "Fucking hypocrites" "you don't know what you're talking about." I slammed the door in his face and began to get dressed.

He slammed his fist against the door. "Roni I know you feel something for me. You just won't admit it" I stayed quiet. I didn't feel like arguing with him at all. He slammed his fist on the door once more. "Roni please I'm begging. Tell me you love me" I opened the door and walked past him to my bed. "Roni please"

"Matt I do love you I really do but not like that...you're like my brother" "THATS THE FUCKING PROBLEM" I turned my back to him. I no longer wanted to entertain his foolishness.

He began going on and on about how I never chose him first...whatever the hell that means. "Matt go to sleep before you start something that'll end this friendship for good" he paused for a second. "I WANT THIS FRIENDSHIP TO END AND I WANT TO START SOMETHING BIGGER AND BETTER THAN IT" at this point I'm sure the whole house had heard us..well him.

Tony and KC were up trying to settle him down but he wouldn't he got a hold of me and threw me against the wall pressing against me harshly. "Do you hear me?!" He shook me. "Matt get off of me!" I yelled.

He was tackled off of me by Tony then Michael came in holding his stomach in pain. He was sweaty and looked so pale. "What are you doing out of bed you need to lay down before you pop your stitches" I groaned. "I was trying to see what the hell is going on in here.

"Yeah go fuck him like you always do!" What the hell did he just say to me? I turned around to look at him and everyone else who was shocked at what he just said. "Roni I'm so-" I didn't even let him finish his words before I had realized I slapped him so hard across his face that he lost his balance and laid on the ground asleep. I could see that many people had gathered around our room including Maya. "Help me get him back to bed"

She nodded and grabbed one of his arms to practically carry him back to bed. He man looked lighter than he actually was. "C'mon boss work with us" Maya grunted as we struggled to get him to bed without putting him in more pain or popping a stitch.

Once we got him laid down and situated I cleaned up the blood that had spilled. "See this is why I said you can't get up without assistance. "Hey girl I'm gonna go to bed" Maya patted my shoulder and left his room.

"Sorry, mom" he rolled his eyes at me and scoffed. "Michael I'm serious you are to be laid in bed until you are fully healed"

"I'm a man I don't need to depend on a woman to survive" I rolled my eyes. He we go with this toxic masculinity stuff. "Michael even the tiggers of tuff men need help from women" "Oh yeah?" "Yeah" I said. "I hate when men say that 'oh I don't need help I'm a man' blah blah blah sometimes we all need help ok?" I continued.

"It's easy for women to say that. Women are expected to need help and society won't say anything about it. It's excepted more in society for women to be insecure than it is for a man. We have to be strong and independent and self secure otherwise society will put us down for it"

He wasn't really wrong. "Well you don't have to be independent with me I'm here to help you not make you feel bad or something" he tried desperately to fix his pillow. I fixed it for him of course he was already struggling too much. "There you go not asking for help again" "I didn't need it" "ya know you're really acting like a child right now" I groaned at his stubbornness.

"Go to sleep" "I can't" he replied dryly. "Well what can I do for you to sleep better?" I asked genuinely. "Sleep with me" he said simply. "Ok for real what can I do?" "I just told you what you can do for me" he swallowed hard..

"I don't know-" "get in the bed. I'm not gonna touch you...unless-" "don't push it" I scolded him. I stupidly got in the bed with him but scooted to the other end. Can I just say it was a nicely sized bed that could fit 4+ adults. "Why so far away, huh?"

"Just go to sleep" "no kiss goodnight? No 'I love you' no nothing?" "Michael" I warned. "Ok ok..I was just saying" I giggled at his ignorance. "Good night" "good night"

To be continued....

Y'all like the chapter?