28.

"Are you nervous?"

"Very."

"Me too."

Heejae's head whipped towards Yoongi as he confessed about feeling nervous. He didn't look nervous though, infact he looked as calm as the surface of a lake. But then, there's chaos under the calm surface of water too, just hidden from eyes.

Licking her dry lips, Heejae raised her hand bravely and pushed on the doorbell. The door opened almost instantly, as if the person behind it had been expecting them.

"Oh," came out of Heejae's mouth as her eyes landed on the person standing infront of her. Her nervousness immediately melted away as she was soon being pulled in a hug. "Dad! Its so good to see you."

"Its good to see you too, my girl. Sorry I haven't been able to make time for you recently," he said with a guilty smile as he pulled away. The woman shook her head, raising on her tip toes to kiss her father's cheek. "No need, dad. I know how difficult it is to manage a business."

Mr. Park lovingly patted his daughter's head and looked behind her. "I see you've brought a guest," his warm smile suddenly changed to a more practiced, professional one just as the young man bowed and put his hand forward.

"Hello, sir. I'm Min Yoongi," he said, clasping the older man's hand in both of his. "Nice to meet you, Min Yoongi. I'm Heejae's father but you can call me Mr. Park. For now," he said, his eyes hard as he regarded the young man.

"Let's go in now," Mr. Park said after a moment, moving aside to let the couple in. "It's not advisable to test our luck when it comes to your mother. She's scary." Heejae couldn't argue on that.

As they went further inside the house, Heejae instinctively clasped Yoongi's hand, surprising him. He didn't mind though. Seeing how her father was afraid of his wife, he could use a little support. He had a feeling that her mother might not be as welcoming as Mr. Park had been.

Yoongi had been to many places since he debuted, grandiose places. Even their own dorms were now better than the one they had before. His own apartment was pretty luxurious but this house was just the epitome of luxury and high class. It was as if the occupants wanted to show off their wealth and intimidate their guests at the same time. He was indeed impressed but not at all intimidated. He was just nervous about her parents' reactions.

Mr. Park led them to the living room. The decor of the room kept the vibes bright but it was no less beautiful than the rest of the house. In the centre of it all stood Heejae's mother, sticking out like a sore spot in her flashy dark purple dress.

Yoongi was quick to take inventory of the situation. Heejae's mother, Kang Hei Ryung didn't look pleased seeing him. She was stiff as she smiled tightly at them, a completely fake smile. But he was sure she would do her best to intimidate him and try bringing him down. He could have laughed at that thought if he wasn't surrounded by so many people.

Exchanging pleasantries, they took a seat. Heejae and Yoongi sat together on one couch, Mr. Park across them and the mother in the single armchair that almost resembled a throne. It was clear who the head of the house was.

"Mother, we—"

"What did you say that you do?" Hei Ryung asked, cutting off Heejae mid-sentence. Infact, the older woman didn't so much as spare a glance at her. She was totally focused on Yoongi. It was like watching a prey though, with a saccharine smile on her face, staring at her prey.

Without missing a beat or even blinking, Yoongi answered with confidence, "I'm an Idol, part of a k-pop group called BTS." The woman nodded as if she was truly interested but everyone in the room could see beneath the facade. "So, you sing and dance, right?"