1.

4 Months later.

"Is this what I pay you for?"

The loud voice of the fuming woman rang in the big studio which was blanketed in a pin drop silence. The said woman threw the bunch of blue flowers in her hand at the staff member in charge of the flora.

"I remember explicitly telling you to get me lavenders. What did you bring me? Blue! Have you no sense or did you lose it over the weekend?" The director kept chastising the man who currently had his head bowed. Fear for his job was clear in his eyes, sweat trickling down his face due to his nervousness.

"You had two days to place the order for flowers. Two fucking days! Was it such a chore to go order lavenders instead of blues?!" The woman was huffing by now, her voice hoarse from the pressure she had been putting on it.

Still, the man didn't dare open his mouth. He knew, any reason, any excuse infront of Park Heejae went unheard. For the famous director, perfection and punctuality was everything. She hadn't made her name in the industry in such a short time by being a cute, subdued girl complimenting her soft looks. She was a fierce tigress.

The man bowed infront of her, his back bent at a 90 degree. "I'm sorry, mam, but please don't fire me. I-I need this job." The slight quiver in the man's voice wasn't missed by anyone. They felt pity for the poor soul.

Heejae scoffed, crossing her arms over her chest and glaring down at the man. "You have some nerve asking me not to fire you. You should have thought about it before you did such a big error knowing the shoot's theme was purple."

Closing her eyes and taking a deep breath, Heejae tried getting her fast breath under control. "Thirty minutes," her voice rang with finality.

The man looked up at his boss with hope, awaiting her verdict that could save his job. "I'm giving you thirty minutes to get me five crates of lavender. I don't care how you do it but I want the blues replaced under thirty minutes. If you complete the task in time, I will consider keeping you in my team. Thirty seconds late, and you are fired. Go!"

As soon as the man heard the order, he ran out, pulling out his phone and contacting every florist he knew to keep his job.

"That was extreme," came an accented voice, followed by a hand holding cold water. Heejae smirked, taking a sip and looking at her partner and friend. "Dear Anika, you know it's not the most extreme thing I've done and it was no minor mistake. You know it and he knows too."

Anika shook her head, "We are going to use those blue flowers."
"Yes, we are," Heejae agreed, picking up the flowers she had tossed a moment ago. They were still fine and that made Heejae sigh in relief. Her temper always got the best out of her but she didn't know what to do with it.

"Do you think he'll come back within thirty minutes?" Anika asked as the two women checked the lighting. Heejae's answer was a careless shrug. It's not like she had a shortage of good, hardworking employees who actually did their work perfectly.

They were shooting for an emerging clothing brand. The brand had released it's spring collection recently. The first advertisement was four months ago and the sales of the brand were rising day by day since then. Of course, Heejae took half credit for herself and her team to get the sales high. Afterall, no good cover, no good sale.

Twenty-nine minutes passed like the wind with all the work everyone had. Half an hour later the shoot was supposed to start. In the midst of trying to repair a peeled off part of the white floor, a huffing and sweaty man entered the studio, pushing a trolley.

"I got the lavenders," the man said, his voice broken in an effort to breath properly. Heejae raised one shapely brow, wiping her hands against her black jeans as she made her way towards the man.

She checked her watch. "You are on time," she said, opening one of the crates and inspecting the flowers. The intense fragrance tickled her senses, however, it didn't soften her heart.

"Submit your id card to my assistant and leave," her voice carried loud and clear in the once again silent studio. The man's eyes widened, filling with tears of regret. "Please give me a chance," he begged in a weak voice, the others knowing, his plea would not be heard.

"Listen here, Kim," Heejae said in the softest voice she could manage. "I have no grudge against you but you know how this industry works. Punctuality and perfection are the only thing that get people paid and successful. I can't afford to have a man, who forgets to place an order and can't differentiate between colours, to be a part of my team. Please leave. Before I call security."

Heejae didn't miss the murmurs of the people in the background as she watched Kim leaving with anger radiating off his demeanour. She knew the names people called her. Bitch, heartless, unkind, uncouth. But it didn't matter.

The demeaning words had stopped affected her five years ago, when people ridiculed the female duo, namely, Park Heejae and Anika Anand, stepped into the world of directing. The two of them had gone through a lot of failures and criticism before they rised up to become the most sought after film makers.

Over the time, Heejae had hardened herself, blocking off any display of affection to not get used as a silly, emotional girl. On the other hand, Anika had remained the soft hearted person she had first met.

Heejae felt a warm hand gently rubbing her back. "You took the right decision," Anika said in that quite voice of her. Atleast she had Anika at her back. The calm to her storm.

~~~~
A/N:

The first chapter is finally out!!

It's seriously very hard to write about Heejae because I have nothing in common with her except punctuality (which I haven't been since I joined Wattpad). But, I have taken this challenge upon myself and I'll do my best to make Heejae shine.

I'm already in love with her because she's so strong. I definitely have a thing for strong female characters. 🤧🤧

Thank you for reading 💞