xiv.The Pensieve

Aurora stirred lightly, her head pounding a bit.

"Sirius, as much as I'd love to hear about your plan on making shower snacks, Rory's waking up," Aurora recognised the voice of Remus.

"I cannot be the only one the gets hungry in there!" Sirius replied. (please shower snacks would be revolutionary- tell. me. o t h e r w i s e. I dare you 🔪🔪🔪)

James then went up to Aurora and tapped her face, as if she was some porcelain doll, "She looks a bit peaky, doesn't she?"

"Peaky?" Lily scoffed, while being sure to stay as far away from James as possible, "What do you expect?!"

"She fell over 100 feet," Marlene added.

"Yeah, come on, Potter, let's throw you off the Astronomy Tower- see what you look like," Dorcas added.

James turned to face Aurora and when he saw her eyes were hald open, with a slight smile playing on her lips, he pouted at her, "I'm not a massive fan of your friends, Rory."

Aurora sat up as Remus quickly placed a pillow behind her back.

"Merlin, Rory, that was quite a fall, are you okay?" Peter asked worriedly.

Aurora nodded, immdiately regretting it when the head movement caused her head to pound even more- but her friends didn't need to know or worry about that.

"Oh good, you're awake," Madam Pomfrey walked into the Hospital Wing, "Drink this."

She handed Aurora a vile looking potion. Aurora groaned, "Do I have to?"

"Miss Rosenthal, at the rate your head is pounding, it must be on the verge of exploding so I suggest you drink this if you don't want that."

"I thought you said you were fine?" Sirius raised a brow.

Aurora scoffed, "You're not the only liar in the world, Black."

"But I'm the best one."

"No you're not."

"Drink it!" the nurse said again.

Aurora downed the disgusting potion quickly, gagging, "Godric! What is in that?!"

"I'd rather not say," Madam Pomfrey took the glass from Aurora and left.

Alas, the girl's extreme headache was gone.

"Good thing Dumbledore did the Arresto Momentum spell before you crashed to the ground," Lily pointed out.

What? Dumbledore didn't do any spell! Aurora did.

"I- what?" Aurora asked.

"Yeah, Dumbledore cast the spell seconds before you fell to the ground- a second later and you would be dead," Peter added.

"No...I cast the spell," Aurora shook her head.

She realised she could be on the verge of telling her friends that they were probably right about her ability to do wandless magic.

"What?" Her friends raised a brow at her.

"I..." Aurora trailed off. Maybe it was best to not say anything and talk about it to Dumbledore.

"You what...?" Remus asked questioningly.

"I...just need some rest is all...falling over 100 feet from the sky can really mess with your brain, you know what I mean?"

Her friends all stared at her, "No."

"We don't know what it means because we've never bloody fallen from the sky," Marlene scoffed.