ix.Black's Birthday

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" Aurora screamed as she dumped a bucket of confetti on Sirius' sleeping form.

It was 5 o'clock in the morning.

She had snuck into the boys' dorm and they were now all starting to wake up.

"Aurora Rosenthal, it's five o'clock in the morning," Peter huffed.

"I'm aware," Aurora shrugged.

She plopped down on Sirius, earning an 'oof' from him and an 'oops' from her.

"I didn't want to be woken up," Sirius groaned.

"Well listen here you ungrateful brat," Aurora scolded, "it's November third and I did not spend the random change I found on Flitwick's classroom floor on confetti for nothing."

"Geez," Sirius groaned, "Thank you I guess."

He then rolled over so the Aurora's body that was sprwaled on top of him was now lying next to him, "Go back to bed, Rory."

"But I'm now awake! And it's not even a school day today so we can do loads of stuff for your birthday!" she flung her hands out but they accidentally thwacked Sirius in the stomach causing him to groan in pain.

"You know, Rory, you're really making this day something to live for so far," he said sarcastically.

Rolling her eyes, Aurora got up and grabbed his hand, trying to drag him out of bed.

"I got you a shitload of presents. Come on!" She groaned.

However, as soon as she finished that sentence, Sirius shot out of bed...more like flew out of bed.

He crashed onto the floor, groaning in pain, "Mmmph, Rory!"

Aurora gasped and rushed to Sirius, "Sorry, Sirius, I swear I didn't mean to!"

He huffed, "Yeah, yeah."

He stood up, "Well, I'm now officially awake, it's five o'clock in the morning and I've bloody hurt myself two seconds into the day on my birthday. What could be better?"

Aurora scratched her neck sheepisly, "Yeah, sorry, Mr. Brat."

"Whatever," he rolled his eyes, "Okay, I'm gonna get dressed."

Aurora stood there staring at him.

"Rory," Sirius looked at her, "That's your cue to leave..."

Aurora shook out of her daze, "Yeah, sure, right, uhm- going."

She ducked out of the room and shut the door before yelling from the other side, "I've seen you in a swimsuit, Black!" (if only- a girl can dream 😔)

After ten minutes, Sirius and the others came down. Aurora sat on the floor of the common room, cross-legged and staring into space.

She turned when she saw them and stood up quickly, rushing to Sirius, "Come on, come on-"

"Don't say those two words because last time you did, I was thrown out of bed."

"Noted."

"Come on, let's just get this over and done with," Sirius plopped down on the floor where a pile of presents were- one from each of the boys and the rest from her.

"Okay then, Little Miss Mister Mrs. Moody Grumpy Bumhead Pants," Aurora mumbled, sitting opposite him.

Sirius gave her a look and she sighed, leaning forward to lift the corners of his lips up with her hands to make it look like he was smiling...very weirdly.