Forgiveness

TW: mention of suicide

__________________

Amelia's POV

First of all, I need to create perfect circumstances for her to open up. That probably is the hardest part. Second, I need to find the strength to let her in myself. Because if she tells me something, I have to do it too. Otherwise, it wouldn't be fair.

"Earth to Amelia."

I jumped a little realizing I was staring at the wall the whole time while Maggie and Meredith were discussing something.

"I'm here," I said, "what were you saying?"

"I was telling about my patient," Maggie raised her eyebrow, "what's wrong with you the last 3 days?"

"Yeah," Meredith nodded, "pull yourself together and start paying attention."

"Nothing's wrong with me." Just deny everything and everything will work out.

"Good morning," the woman entered the room and filled it with light.

"Hey, Arizona," I yelled changing the subject. She waved at me and texted someone smiling at her phone.

"Why are y'all so secretive?" Maggie whined.

"I'm not," Arizona said, "the message was funny. That's all."

She winked and left.

"So-," I started to say but was interrupted. We were paged 911 to ER, "let's go."

And we ran to the first floor.

Back to Y/N's POV

The woman who gave birth: 3 pm, coffee shop next to our house
Y/N: ok

I took a look at the time, 1:03 pm. Since I left Amelia I was just wandering around. I didn't know where and how far away from this coffee shop I was.

I panicked and now I was feeling guilty that I left her there without explanation.

Why is it so hard to just be normal and say what I feel? Why am I scared of my feelings?

I took the phone and opened the maps trying to find the best way to get to the shop.

Great, 1 hour. Walking is not an option.

I walked for a little bit more and took a cab.

Amelia's POV

"He needs a head CT, Owen!" I yelled.

"He needs urgent surgery, no time for head CT," he said as loud as possible.

I groaned and left to order it anyway. I felt in my gut that I would find something there.

I got lots of dissatisfied looks from Owen but I didn't care. Because it turned out I was right. The CT showed a large hematoma. And now I was able to save the patient.

"Order an OR," I said sternly as he rolled his eyes and went to prep for surgery.

Back to Y/N's POV

I arrived at the coffee shop 10 minutes earlier than we agreed, but when I entered it I saw my mother sitting at the table already.

"Hi, baby," she said standing up.

"Hello, mother," I rolled my eyes and sat across from her. Why is she like that? Why am I a baby now? She never called me like that. Only when I was 5 probably.