Episode 49: Restraints Are Abundant

Start from the beginning

               So much has changed in 15 years...so much will change.

               Spes.

               Her full intentions unmasked by deceit, and her father, his ill intentions hidden by slyness, and he's only just beginning to think of how to approach this, besides the simplistic measures.

               It's time for him to stop this game, and retrieve his daughter, before she reaches the world's last hope of recovery.

               It's time to end this, by putting both his feet through the door, making his power over her known, once and for the finish.

___________________

-Spes' P.O.V.-

-10 Minutes Prior-

               "After you locked yourselves in, maybe before that... two men left."

               Rick speaks after telling the group to 'Hold up', and I wonder what the heIl this has to do with me, or anything, but mostly me given he's staring my way.

               Ha. I almost feel like I'm in trouble, but if he even tries to-

               "They went out to go and find the mall where you came from." A hit goes to my stomach. "A few people heard what they were plannin'...heard they decided to go and see if they could live there." Rick's voice echoed through my head while I felt the blood in my veins begin to boil, the 3 hours we'd all used to get away from that stupid hotel that they transformed into that pathetic hospital outlet were filled with confidence and gumption, only to have those feeling shot down and stopped in the middle of the fvcking road where the news that two people who knew about me, went back to the mall a few days ago...which means...

               "They know about us."

               I slowly shut my eyes, brows drawing together under my growing bangs while the group that didn't know about this sh1t start to fuss and I turn around, only maintaining Carl's eyes on me. Rick's eyes look my way beforehand, and I stared in disbelief, but now, I just don't know.

               "They know our plan. If you're right...you're father, he'll find us. Figure out where we are. Probably be there, waitin' for us."

               Waiting.

               Aha. Oh gosh.

               Ready to...take me back.

               He knows.

               Dad...

_________________

-Present Time-

               "We're going to have find another way. We can't use the main roads anymore." Glenn speaks behind me somewhere while I stand staring straight ahead, stunned with the actual fvcking irony of this entire turn of events happening to me now, out of all times.

               Days I spent in that room, to the point I came out smiling at the relief that I'd finally get to finish what I started, no more bullsh1t to keep me down...when the biggest bullsh1t of them all fvcking bulldozes right smack dab over me to literally burn my hopes to the ground.