His gaze moved up and around to the chamber that he was in, and then he swept his gaze over her.

???: You and I, we have much in common.

Lenna: No we don't. All I w...

???: But we do. We both want to embrace who we are, we both want to stop being used by others and discarded at their will. We both desperately want control over our destinies and revenge over our enemies.

She didn't reply, so startled that she agreed with everything he said.

???: Unfortunately, there are still obstacles in my path to absolute freedom and limits to my current power. 

Lenna could only stare at him. He appeared to be no more than twenty, but she knew there was no number for his real age.

He was eternal.

After a moment, she focused her sight on the magic user that she had summoned with her blood.

Lenna: Are you going to kill me?

She was surprised that the thought of it didn't fill her with fear anymore.

???: No. I need your help.

Lenna: My help?

The thought was ludicrous.

Lenna: Why would someone like you need my help?

???: Because you have the power to destroy those who want to control me. And I never, ever want to be controlled or imprisoned again.

She fell silent, her heart pounding.

???: There are those out in this land that threaten our survival. There are those that can stop them, although they are not as powerful. They are at the mercy of whoever finds them. We must locate them and keep them safe.

This could be her destiny - to be here at the break of dawn with the blood of three people on her hands. Her fake her parents, and him. Two which she hated, and only one which she loved.

There was no one in the world she trusted anymore; no one who didn't want to use her and cast her aside when they were done.

With him gone, she had no one to guide her, no one to be with her.

Her power burned within her, but despite the pain and suffering, she'd never felt more powerful in her life.

???: Will you help me?

He asked this again when silence fell between them.

He was dangerous - she felt it down in her very soul. The price of this man's freedom would be forged from pain, death and fire.

Lenna: Yes.

The single word sealed her fate.

Standing there in the stone tomb, forgotten for millennia, she was ready to watch the world burn.

He'd asked her to call him Ignatius.

He didn't look much older than twenty years of age. He had fair skin, long, bright red hair that went down to his mid-back, bright red eyes and was taller than any man Lenna had ever known.

He wore a black dress shirt, a long white vest, and a black ascot with a red gem. Over this he donned a dark brown, almost black, coat with golden trimmings and tassels, ending with black fur-trims.

He wore black pants which were embellished with chains on his right thigh, while his amulet, attached to a belt, was settled upon his left thigh. He also wore cuffed, dark brown boots held by multiple buckles, and a pair of black gloves, with their palm sides all red while the backs were black with a matching red diamond pattern.