Looking at Maya, who was stammering badly and looking down, Vani understood about which day she was speaking.

"Ammu, look at me," Vani said, caressing her cheeks.

Maya looked at her.

"Why do you think that I will be angry at you?" Vani asked her.

But Maya didn't say anything. Vani sighed, looking at her.

"See, Ammu. I'm not all angry at you. In fact, I'm proud of you. That day, you stood up for yourself and fought for your love all by yourself. I don't know what happened between you and Rajesh, but I trust you. I know you will never do something that brings disrespect to our family. And you do know the difference between right and wrong. So, I'm not angry at you, but I'm disappointed with my brother and SIL. I just couldn't believe the fact that they trusted him over you," said Vani.

Maya's eyes pooled with tears as she listened to her.

"You know, Kanna, you were a premature baby, and I still remember the day when I took you for the first time in my arms. You were so tiny, and everyone was afraid to hold you. Everybody thought you couldn't make it up just like your brother, who was born six years before you," said Vani.

Maya looked at her, stunned because she had no idea she had an older brother who had died.

"Even your mother gave up on you. Doctors said you have a weak heart. It was the third pregnancy for your mother. She had a baby boy in her first delivery who died 3 months after his birth due to a blood clot in his brain, and the second one was a miscarriage. You were there in the incubator for two months. She lost all her hope, and we couldn't blame her. She saw the death of your brother. But Peddamma, Sarika Akka (Yash's mother), and your father never lost hope. They said that you would fight. And see, their hope didn't fail," Vani said, thinking about the past.

"Remember one thing, Maya. There will be people who will take advantage of our helpless situation, just like Rajesh. And sometimes we ourselves create such situations for them unknowingly. You created that situation for him. You thought he would change, but see what he did. He made you distant from your own parents. Of course, it's their mistake, but see the result. He portrayed himself as the victim when it was you who was the victim. I don't know what happened in the past, nor would I force you to say it. You know what Chytra did to Arjun? And when her brother was bothering you, you could have told one of us. I know the situation we were facing at that time was hard. Yes, you shared it with Arjun. But he was depressed at that time, and he was fighting with his own demons. The way you both thought was good, but you analysed the situation wrongly. And look where it got you. Are you understanding what I'm saying, Kanna?" Vani asked, caressing Maya's hair while Maya nodded her head.

Avi entered the room before they could continue their conversation. Maya got off the bed, took his bag, and placed it on the study table.

"Did you drop Shekar at the airport?" Vani asked Avi.

"Yes, Amma. He said that he would call once he had reached there," said Avi.

"Did Mavayya go somewhere?" Maya asked Vani.

"Yeah! He has a meeting in Mumbai in the early morning," said Vani.

"Oh!" said Maya.

Meanwhile, Avi went to freshen up. Maya took Avi's nightwear from their closet and placed it in the dressing area. Vani smiled, looking at her.

Maya and Vani got busy with their talks.

************************

On the other hand: