❝It's Time❞

Today was the day that everyone, with a heavy and sad heart, had attended Tony Stark's funeral

Davina stood in front of the mirror, in the guest bedroom of the Stark cottage estate. After the events of the battle, Pepper suggested that Steve and Davina would stay at the house, just until the funeral.

Steve, accepted the invitation since Davina was still in shock of Tony's death. The shock still remains not a choice of word for Davina, more like distraught and depressed. Pepper didn't mind having someone in the house, especially since she wasn't sure of how to handle the news to Morgan, since the girl was too young to understand the concept of life and death.

Davina hardly touched her meals since she and Steve began to stay at the house, but for the sake of the baby that she was carrying inside of her, Davina would eat half a plate and excuse herself from the table. Steve, trying to understand her grief, wished he could help in some ways but even without saying anything to Davina, she immediately knows he feels sympathetic towards her.

Davina looked in the mirror as she wore her black leather jacket with a regular black shirt underneath along with a black pair of jeans and black shoes. Her hair was wavy, despite its short length. Tony liked her hair wavy. This is how she wanted to wear it today, wavy, in honor of Tony.

Steve came out from the bathroom, wearing his suit. Davina sighed, sitting on the made bed and began to touch her stomach slightly, an attempt to comfort the baby but mostly an attempt to comfort herself, even if she couldn't necessarily feel the baby kick or anything, it brought her comfort at some point.

"I...I was thinking about some names for the baby." Steve said, beginning to break the comfortable yet awkward silence between them. Davina turned her body around, looking at Steve, who was buttoning the remaining of his suit up.

"What kind of names?" Davina asked quietly. Steve looked over at Davina, slightly surprised by her sudden question, since she hadn't been talking much at all every since Tony's death. So it would mark her first time since the events that Davina would actually respond in a full sentence or question, in this case.

"I was thinking for a boy, maybe we could name him Anthony Junior Rogers? Tony Junior for short, of course." Steve mentioned. Davina looked at Steve with tears forming in her eyes. Steve took a notice and thought that he did something wrong.

Sitting on the bed across from Davina, Steve gently puts his hand on her face, as she closed her eyes, feeling the warmth of his hand, as a tear rolled down her face but Steve wiped it off with his thumb.

"It...it would be beautiful and wonderful if our child would be a boy. Naming him after Tony is wonderful and I do not object to the idea, but what if we have a girl instead? Do you have a girl name in mind you'd like for our little daughter?" Davina asked, slightly becoming amused as Steve shrugged his shoulders.

"How about a bet? If it's a girl, you can name her, her first and middle. But if it's a boy, I'll name him, his first and middle name." Steve suggested and Davina gave him a small smile, causing Steve to be happy, "Did you just smile?" Steve asked and Davina sighed, frowning slightly.