❝What On Earth?❞

[The photo above is not mine. It's rightfully belongs to @sevenshades_wttp on Instagram. I asked to use it for today's chapter and she had allowed me to do so.]

The Avengers walking in a file to the Quantum Time machine, wearing the Quantum Suits, albeit with some minor differences for different people

The Avengers walking in a file to the Quantum Time machine, wearing the Quantum Suits, albeit with some minor differences for different people. Rhodey has a bulkier repaint of the War machine armour. Davina stood between Steve and Tony, as everyone looked at Steve who began to make a speech for the team since the mission they are attempting to do is not easy and it is nerve wrecking for everyone, especially for those who were not showing their nerves.

"Five years ago, we lost. All of us. We lost friends...we lost family...we lost a part of ourselves. Today, we have a chance to take it all back. You know your teams, you know your missions. Get the stones, get them back. One round trip each. No mistakes. No do-overs. Most of us are going somewhere we know. But it doesn't mean we should know what to expect. Be careful. Look out for each other. This is the fight of our lives. And we're gonna win," Steve says as Tony gives Steve a look and Steve looks back at Tony, "Whatever it takes. Good luck."

"He's pretty good at that." Rocket said, referring to Steve's speech. Davina had a small smile on her face, as she looked over at Steve, intertwining their hands together.

Yes he is. Davina thought to herself as she continued to admire Steve and his feature. It was so hard for Davina's mind to wrap around the fact that she was about to have him for herself, for the rest of their lives.

"Right?" Scott asked, who was looking very excited. Davina was nervous and not because she had a feeling that they'd fail, she had faith that they would be successful but because of the precious cargo that she was carrying within her.

The cargo she had yet to tell Steve and Tony, along with the rest of the Avengers about. The reason why she remained silent was because she wanted to play her part in this battle. It was her fight just as much as it was their's.

"All right. You heard the man. Stroke those keys, jolly green." Tony said, looking at Bruce and then Davina.

"Tractors engaged." Bruce mentioned. Rocket looked at Clint and began to address the shrunk Benatar in Clint's hand.

"You promise to bring that back in one piece, right?" Rocket asked and Clint looked at him.

"Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah. Okay. I'll do my best." Clint said and Rocket looked not very impressed at Clint's response.

"As promises go, that was pretty lame." Rocket said. Natasha looked at Davina and Davina looked at Natasha. Natasha was smiling excitedly as she looked at everyone excitedly.

Davina took a good look at Natasha, wishing she would know what will happen. Wishing she would know this would be the last time that Davina Stallard-Stark would see Natasha Romanoff.

"See you in a minute." Natasha said, looking at Davina and Steve. Steve smiled and nods his head at Natasha, squeezing Davina's hand slightly.

They all shrink and enter the Quantum Realm, and they all split at different intervals, going to a different place at a different time in history.