❝Twenty-Three Days❞

Davina turned over in her sleep, to wake up and find Steve's side of the bed empty

Davina turned over in her sleep, to wake up and find Steve's side of the bed empty. Confused and worried, as to where Steve was and what he was doing at the moment, Davina got out of the bed and looked outside their bedroom window. It was nearly dawn but remained to be a bit dark outside the windows. There was just no way Steve went out running at this hour and Davina knew that he enjoyed cuddling with her on their bed than going for a morning run.

Davina sighed and began to put on her daytime clothing. A pair of shirt with an old rock band's picture on the center of the shirt and jeans along with her hair in a ponytail.

After getting ready, Davina went to the bathroom and found a tall figure with a razor on the counter. Davina walked over to Steve, on his right hand side and looked at him. Davina let out a sigh of relief and immediately took a notice that Steve had shaved his beard, looking clean and fresh. Davina silently thanked God, as she was about to have a mini heart attack when she saw the razor.

"I'm gonna miss the beard but I love you like this." Davina mentioned softly, leaning against the wall and looking over at Steve, as he managed to plaster a smile on his face.

"You prefer me with the beard more, don't you?" Steve asked amused slightly, as he looked down at the sink before titling his head slightly and looked at Davina. Davina clicked her tongue and shrugged her shoulders playfully.

"Tsk. I'm not sure, I love you either way because you're still my Steve, no matter what happens or what your physical appearance is, you are still Steve Rogers." Davina mentioned and Steve nodded his head, gripping his hands on the counter a little bit more. Davina took notice and frowned, "Is something bothering you?" Davina asked, slightly frowning and Steve shakes his head. Steve stood in front of Davina.

"No, I'm fine, cookie." Steve mentioned and put a hand on Davina's face, "You seem cold, do you need me to do anything for you?" Steve asked concerned and Davina shakes her head.

"No, I'm fine, don't worry about it Steve." Davina mentioned and Steve nodded his head, "You're getting up earlier than usual. Are you sure there isn't anything that you want to tell me?" Davina asked and Steve smiled.

"No, there's nothing. I'm fine." Liar, Davina thought but she let it slide, even though she was completely concerned about him, she had remembered when there was a time where she couldn't tell him what was bothering her.

Before Davina could say anything the mirror next to Steve had suddenly began to shake, slowly at first, and then severely. Davina and Steve looked at each other, as their curiosity began to think; what the heck was going on.

Outside the Avengers Compound, Steve, Davina, Natasha, Bruce and Rhodey had all walked out, seeing something arriving on the grounds. A Benatar is being carried by Carol Danvers as she lands the spacecraft. The landing gears deploy as they touch down. The entry hatch opens, and Tony and Nebula walk out, Tony being supported by Nebula. Steve and Davina both run to Tony to help him stand up. Tony grips Steve's arm as he joins him.