+ sixteen

tw: blood

"fucking ... cant even get one evening ... always babysitting ... fucking ..." he mutters to himself as he speeds along the road.

fuck

my head feels like it's split in half. i weakly reach to my hairline and touch something wet. i look down at my fingers and see red.
"fuck!" i can feel it dripping down onto my eyebrow and start breathing deeply.
"don't!- agh.. just lie your head back! we're going to the er!"
"what happened.."
"you fainted! fucking hard!"
"i don't faint that hard anymore, i'm on supplements!"
"well you must've thrown a bunch up when you were drunk thursday night!"
"but i was fine yesterday i just- just didn't ... take .. oh.."
"fucking hell, y/n! why is always fucking me?" he bangs the steering wheel and turns a hard corner.
"god don't- please don't yell-" i wince as his loud voice makes my head sting.

"i'm just-" he sighs, "i'm always stuck fucking babysitting you. i didn't even want you on the team and i have to just bow down to your every need??"
"you're not exactly my favourite either.."
"then get someone else to look after you!"
"it's not like i chose you! you just happen to be there! besides, they wouldn't like me anymore if they had to deal with me like this all the time.."
"i wouldn't goddamn blame them!" he laughs angrily.
"you're being loud again.." i cover my ears.
he looks over at me frowning with anger, but his eyebrows go from furrowed to sad.
"we just need to get you to the hospital."
"mm.." i feel myself drifting off again.

"hey? can you walk?" he leans over me past the open door and shakes my shoulder.
"uh.." i swung around and try to stand, "shit.."
"god, okay." he sigh and lifts me with my arms over his shoulders just like the other night and we stumble over to the hospital.

"name?"
"y/n y/l/n"
"alrighty, please fill in these forms and we'll have somebody with you right away."
"thank you." i smile and sit down with schlatt.

the ER is filled with people in pain, some crying, some passed out, some laughing at the situation. it's pretty loud and it's hard to think straight with my head throbbing like this.

"meds ... yeah .. uhh ... what are the names? ugh .." i ramble on as i fill in the sheets and try my best not to pass out again.

schlatt's phone rings.

"hello? yeah she's here ... she's okay we're just seeing a doctor ... yeah it's-" he stops to wipe some blood from going in my eye, "it's pretty heavy .. just fainted ... she didn't take her meds ..."
"well-"
"yeah, i know right?" he glares at me. "alright let the others know she's okay ... just an hour ... yeah, see ya."

"okay okay, i'm done." i flop the clip board onto schlatt's lap.
"hey ow-"
"miss y/l/n?"
i stand up with schlatt's reluctant help.
"Doctor Fathma, just down the hall to your left. okay?"
"thank you."

The doctor checks me out and looks at my medical records with a knowing expression. She tells me to remember my meds, gives me some more and gets stitches and a bandage put on my head. schlatt sits bored in the corner, tweeting or something on his phone.

"alright y/n we're just gonna ask that you stay here for an hour or so just so we can make sure the supplements are working and then you'll be free to go okay?"
"sure, thank you." i smile.
she smiles back before leaving in a hurry.

schlatt and i sit quietly for a minute.

"why didn't you let charlie stay on my stream?"
"wanted my hoodie."
"couldn't you just wait?"
"i wanted it really bad."
"did he even find it?"
"yeah."

"you really fucked my stream."
"i know."
"was that the point? you just wanted to fuck with me?"
he grins, still looking down at his phone.
"i swear, you're just unbearable."
"you like it, don't lie."
i scoff, "LIKE it? la could've been lovely without the big schlatt shaped raincloud surrounding it."
"you think I ruined it?? YOU were the one who showed up and took my friends!"
"i didn't try to! they just like me because i'm not some grouchy asshole new yorker!"
"i'm not like that with them. just you."

"let's make an agreement." i say, pushing a bandage up a little. "you don't have to babysit me anymore, as long as you at least try not to be an asshole."
"it's hard when you're always in my face."
"alright, i'll keep away from you."

"can you quit too?" he rolls his eyes.
"i need a job, schlatt. until streaming picks up this camera stuff is the only way i can earn money."
"so once you're a big enough streamer you'll leave us alone?"
"well ill still talk to the friends i've made and help when they need it but, yeah."
"awesome! you'd better keep me on your minecraft series then, i'll get you so many views."

"well maybe sometimes. connor's gonna get me on a show that his friend is working on that's about like dating or something? apparently it's gonna be big for boosting small streamers."
"oh austin? yeah i was gonna go on that."
"sweet, see you there." i chuckle, sipping the water by my little hospital bed.
"not on yours though. i am not competing for your 'love' or whatever."
"well fitz says he finds it entertaining when we argue, maybe it'd get views."
"are you hitting on me?"
"what the fuck no? i'm just saying."
he sighs and sits back, "eh, i'll consider it."

"hey y/n how are we?"
"feeling good! lots more energy than before .. aside from the throbbing headache."
"ah yeah, be sure to pop some paracetamol when you get back and it should clear up in a couple of days."
"thank you!"
"how are you covering the bill?"
"oh just send that to my dad, i put his details in my paperwork."
"alright, we'll be sure to. have a lovely night!"
"you too!"

and we head home in complete silence.