+ twelve

The rest of the camping trip is better than i thought. i can't believe i came thinking this would be scary but... honestly making friends isn't too hard. they loved my music taste and i had a couple of charlie's puns saved up in my brain which won me some laughs.

it feels like i'm a little teen again. these guys are such rascals, recording them barely feels like a job. mason and i get up to a couple shenanigans and chad and swagger teach me about the best alcohols. the rest of the guys are just fun to joke with and we always seem to be laughing our asses off.

schlatt likes these shenanigans but always seems to get in a grump when i come over. i find it best to just avoid him the whole time and he seems to understand that. i don't get why he's so offended by my presence but he's as asshole so i won't complain.

we round off the trip by planting some trees for a MrBeast thing and i'm already super eager to finish filming and head back to to LA. connor and I have been perfecting my twitter and twitch to get ready for my big streaming debut. the misfits guys come back with all of us to LA so we can share their place with them and get some more content there.

we arrive back there about midday, all suffering from a bit of jetlag.

"ted! charlie! my boys!" i grin as i see them in the living room. we greet each other happily and i feel so much more relaxed around them.

"boy am i glad to see you guys."
"and us you!"
"did either of you bring your PC?"
"oh i did!" ted smiles.
"oh sweet dude can i borrow it? i'm streaming with connor tonight."

"streaming?" charlie chimes in, "is y/n getting on twitch?"
"maybe!"
"yesss y/nn yoooo!"
"i'm a little nervous but i think it'll be exciting!"
"oh dude totally! and hey, maybe you'll join the youtube crew soon heh?" charlie nudges me.
"maybee"
"the setup's upstairs y/n, you go get set up whenever you like i'm gonna chill with these guys." ted point his thumb back at the misfits guys and slumps by them on the sofa.

"you need any tips?"
"whatever you're giving away!"
"treat chat like a single person, like a little sibling."
"i will" i chuckle, "thank you charlie."

i head upstairs and into the room that i assume is for streaming. there's a huge pc by three huge monitors that are surrounded with some very cliche rgb lights. i flop onto the chair and the wheels roll loudly across the wooden floor as i scoot closer to the desk.

theodore

password?

10bighotmen

figures

i chuckle and input the password, then log onto twitch. there's a knock at my door.

"come in"

there's a hesitation but then schlatt walks in.
"schl-"
"don't get all chummy, i'm just here to ask something."
"alright."
"our music tastes are pretty similar, so can you recommend a couple songs?"
i try to think of some snarky comment but honestly i'm too tired, "phone"

he plops his phone in my hand and i go to his spotify to add some stuff.
"peaceful easy feeling?" i play the track out loud."
"put that in mellow and folk."
"okey dokey. how about some radiohead?"
"i guarantee you i have all of their songs."
"beatles?"
"add what you like of theirs that i don't have. i need to branch out with beatles stuff."

"what about come a little closer?"
"that shitty old time song?"
"no the cage the elephant song?"
"play it."
i press play and it blasts from his phone with its rockish sound. he stands with his arms crossed taking in the sound as i nod my head from side to side on beat. as the chorus come up i start mouthing the words dramatically. he snorts a little and i see a smile grow on his face.
"yeah okay, add it."
and i do.

"you streaming now?"
"yeah connor's gonna go live with me in an hour or so."
"you're gonna need to set up on stream labs, here." he leans over the desk and starts clicking a bunch of stuff as i sit there, dumb as a kid on my little chair. i can still smell his cedar cologne.

"call connor and he should get you going on there."
he's never been this nice before.

"i will, thanks."
"see ya." and he leaves.

i get connor on the phone and he walks me through designing screens for my stream. i learn how to have chat on screen, subs on screen, all the usual stream decor.

"we'll get an artist to make you a profile pic and that can be what you're known by. for now just use a random picture."
"cool plant?"
"that works!"
i set my new profile picture.

"alright, you should be ready to go live now. you got mario on the other monitor?"
"yup!"
"and how do you switch your screen to that?"
"like this?"
"perfect! this'll all become muscle memory soon though. you ready to start?"
"let's get on a discord call first."
"oh good idea." i hear a few clicks, "look at you, already learning."
"sooner i stream, the sooner i can get money."
he laughs, "exactly."

"alright, welcome everyone! welcome to the connoreatspants stream! today is gonna be exciting, you guys are witnessing the origins of y/u/n. this is gonna be her first ever stream! everyone hop over and sub to her or i'll get mods to ban everyone."
"don't ban everyone!"
"i'm kidding, i'm kidding. chat you can stay as long as you SUB."
"yeah ... please do sub." i shrug.
"whos ready for some mario kart boys??"
the chat spams a punch of those frogs.
"i think they want us to play mario kart."
"i think you're right y/u/n, maybe we should."