2 | the new partner

Start from the beginning

Right then, a hand pushes my phone away from the scanner but it was too late, a beep sound alerted that the transaction had been made successfully.

Next to me and looking out of breath, Kim Taehyung scowled.

     "Why so hasty? I didn't tell you that. . ."

     "Tell what?" - I frowned at his strange reaction.

Kim Taehyung did not answer me.

To be exact, he could not answer as the cafe cashier jumped in between us.

     "Hey Taehyung oppa. Sorry for making the wrong order for you this morning."

     "Don't worry Hong Sol ah" - replied Taehyung. It seemed like he knew the cashier named Hong Sol at the cafe. - "Someone else drank it for me."

He was intentionally and implicitly mocking at me! Cool!

But of course, Hong Sol knew nothing about the little incident between me and Taehyung. She casually looked at both of us, asking half jokingly.

     "Do you two know each other? I bet you should because you both are the rare people in the whole Purple Line that hate Americano to your bone."

I rolled my eyes at her sharing.

     " You mean" - I pointed at Taehyung - "Me and. . ."

     "Yes" - Hong Sol nodded in confirmation - "It's you Jung Wheein MC and that good-looking Kim Taehyung oppa."

I glanced at Kim Taehyung. He just shrugged, as if he was telling me "See, you were too hasty. Now take full responsibility for that Americano you've ordered." I sighed, receiving the Americano from Hong Sol and put on a crooked smile as the girl continuously spoke:

     "That's why I find it so uncommon of you to order Americano, unnie ah."

How could she imagine that I, as an anti-Americano, ordered this for another anti-Americano?

○●○

We returned to the meeting room after that Americano incident. I sat down and take in a big inhale.

Turning to him, I tried to put on my brightest smile.

A bright smile is the catalyst for a positive first impression - Yongsun had always reminded me and Hyejin so since we started joining the labour market.

Right now, I was betting all my ego in this smile, hoping that the Americano incident would not ruin his first impression about me.

     "Sorry about the incident. I was too careless. But. . . Shall we greet each other?" - I held out my hand - "I am Jung Wheein."

     "Kim Taehyung" - He grinned as he leaned over to shake my hand - "95 liner. Seulgi noona said that we were the same age so let's talk comfortably. We'll work together in long term anyway!"

     "Uh. . .yeah" - I hesitated at the long-term thing. - "Nice to meet you, Taehyung-ssi."

     "Ok" - Taehyung raised his eyebrows mischievously - "So. . .shall we get to work now?"

Only then did I realize that it had been already nearly an hour since the meeting started.

And I had yet got anything for the upcoming show.

I sat down to the laptop, opened the mailbox to check new requests.

Taehyung also opened his laptop, even though he had not been granted the access to the mailbox.