| 56 |

DRACO
opened his eyes to darkness. He blinked a few times and the vision in front of him cleared. He was facing the black lush ceiling of his bedroom. His right hands automatically made his way to his chest, which was covered with thick bandages under the black velvet blanket. It was amazing that it did not hurt anymore. His left hand was numb, in fact the whole left side of his body was numb because some brown haired girl was clinging to him.

  Catherine was laying on her side facing him. Her forehead was resting on her shoulders, one hand circling his upper arm and the other idly placed on his chest, right above his heart. Her legs were tucked above his. It was like she wanted to meld herself into him.

  He ran a hand softly across her hair, down to her cheek. From the stains on her cheek and the cracks on the corner of her eyes, she must have only stopped crying not long ago. Judging by the moon illuminating the room it was nightfall.

  Draco tried to pry his left arm away, wanting to wrap himself around her and pull her in closer. Catherine did not even budge. Her eyebrows wrinkled and held onto him even tighter, nearly cutting off his circulation. A soft whimper escaped her mouth and it was like a stab to his wounded chest. He did not even dare to comprehend how scary it must be for her. If it was reversed and she was the one...gosh he did not let his brain get to it.

  He stroked her cheek, running his thumb around her lips that were slightly opened. Her eyes opened in shock and she looked straight at him before she sighed. After making sure that his heart was beating, she cupped his cheek.

  "There you are." She whispered. She leaned forward and kissed the corner of his lips. "Are you in any pain?"

  "No, but my arm is numb." He chuckled, wanting to ease her tension. The small smile that graced her face was enough. She moved away letting his arm free before cuddling in closer to him.

  "You scared me." her voice muddled because she was so closely pressed against him. 

  Draco pulled the blanket across them both, snuggling them in this delicious cocooned of warmth.

  "How?" He had to ask. There was no bright light waiting at the end of a tunnel but he was sure he felt death calling to him. Catherine did not answer, but there was a hitch in her breath. It was then he realised that it was still on her finger. Draco wanted to rip it off her and just tuck her into safety.

  "You brought me back to life." he kissed her forehead. "You healed me."

  "I was nearly too late for it. And if I was-"

  "But you weren't and I'm here." He lifted her chin. He hated that those beautiful dark brown eyes were filled with fear. So he had to kiss them away.

  "If you actually died first, I was really going to kill you." Draco laughed but her next words made him stop. "I would beg for death to take me first instead."

  "No. I will never agree on that. Don't you dare think about that for one fucking second." With the war coming soon, he was not going to let that happen. "You are too important to me. I would rather face death over and over again, rather than not to have you in my life."

  Catherine leaned forward and kissed him hard. Draco placed a hand on her hips, pulling her closer. She tilted her head, allowing him more access to her delicious lips. It was a kiss that meant more than love, it was a kiss of life.

  "What happened to Ron?" He tried to change the subject.

  "Please don't talk about him, I'm still pissed."

  He tucked her head under his chin, "What did you do to him?"

  "Nothing he couldn't handle. He probably just has a bruised ass."