| 28 |

DRACO
wanted to stay in this position forever. He was sitting on a stool by the bathroom sink, her head tilted back so it was resting by the edge of it. His eyes half open, peaking to see her actions. Ariendra dipped the napkin into some lukewarm water before gently wiping away the dried blood on his cheek. Her touch was gentle. His heart was racing.

  She had helped him wash his hair by the sink and massaged his scalp a bit before checking for any other injuries on his head. Letting him go to take a shower on his own, much to his disappointment. Then she fussed over him for more than an hour making sure he had no further injuries. She's now focusing on the gash on his forehead that pulses and stings.

  "Blaise is on the way to drop some stuff." He tried to start a conversation with her. She'd been quiet ever since their little meeting a while ago. 

  Ariendra didn't answer him and frowned.

  Okay, so she's still mad, he thought.

  "It went okay, by the way." He continued, "We chose the right location. We caught them just about to flee. They left valuable information behind because they panicked."

  She still kept quiet. Gently stroking his face until all the blood was clear from his face. She grabbed her wand and performed healing charms on his head. Her face was so impassive it made him frustrated.

  "Like the rubies. It turns out to be a stone of emotion. It strengthens whatever it is you're feeling and absorbs it. It generates a great amount of power and it remembers their owner, just like a wand." He desperately looked into her face, over analysing her every reaction. "My father stupidly left his notes stuck to the bottom drawer of his desk like he always does."

  "You saw him?" She finally spoke.

  Draco's eyes flew open wide and looked at her. She's still avoiding his gaze, focusing on his forehead with pursed lips. But he knew she still cared.

  "I caught a glimpse of him as he was fleeing. We thought they all left and entered but then the dementors ambushed us along with some men. They didn't estimate how powerful their army was. That was our downfall, we should've been more careful."

  "You shouldn't have gone there in the first place."

  Draco sighed, "how long are you going to stay mad at me?"

  "As long as I fucking want to." She replied, intentionally pressing a little harder on his forehead making him wince.

  "I said I was sorry, okay?" He tried again, earning nothing but silence.

  He let her work on him in silence. Keeping his eyes glued to her face, and her concentrating on his wound. When he was about to speak up again and defend himself, she spoke.

  "You need to go to the hospital and get your head injury checked, but I bet you don't want to." She said as she leaned back, tossing the bloody napkins she finished using to the bin.

  "You know me far too well." He chuckled but she didn't find it funny.

  "Well then, I'll have to stay over to observe you for any complications." She muttered, casting a final numbing spell for his head, suddenly lifting the pounding weight of his head.

  "Wait..." he had to be sure, "so you're staying here? In the Mansion... for the night?"

  "If you don't want to then it's fine by me..." She tried to stand up but Draco placed a steady hand on her left thigh stopping her.

  "No I didn't mean it like that!" He said to her. Ariendra was still avoiding his gaze, looking at the wall behind him. "Damn, I should get her head injuries more often if that is what it gets for you to stay for the night."